New Friends

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

Pushing a basket full of bread, milk, eggs, and other junk was not the best thing in the world. I absolutely despised grocery shopping because I never knew what to buy. Sadly, I was the only one in my family who even bothered to go grocery shopping. That's probably the only thing that hasn't changed in the past four years. After I finished putting the last of the frozen dinners into the basket, I made my way to check out.

"Hey Avery. Do you want something to drink?" I asked, only to receive no response.

I stopped placing the items on the belt and looked to see that Avery was no longer beside me. Quickly, I finished putting the rest of the groceries onto the belt and paid for them before running out to the car.

This was one of the reasons I never took that child to the store with me. She would always run off and it scared the hell out of me. Thankfully, though, she always ran back out to the car, so looking there was always my first option.

I sighed in relief when I approached the car and saw Avery leaning against it, but she wasn't alone. A man and a woman who looked to be in their late twenties or early thirties were standing beside her.

The woman was fairly tall and was dressed in a pair of grey jeans, a dressy white top, along with a white blazer and a pair of white pumps. Her dirty blonde hair fell in waves down her back and her light skin practically glowed in the sunlight.

The man was tall, but he was much shorter than the woman who was in heels. He was wearing a black v-neck t-shirt with blue jeans and black boots. His light brown hair was tousled on top of his head and the scruff on his face made him look about three years older than I figured he was.

I brought the basket to a halt and ran over to engulf Avery in a hug. She hugged me back and giggled. I released her and gave her a chastising look, which caused her to frown.

"What have I told you about running off like that?" I scolded her.

"I'm sorry, Ro. I got lost trying to find you," she told me.

"I'm not going to say that it's okay because it's not. Next time you're going to have to stay with me or I'll have to stop bringing you," I explained to her.

"I'm sorry, Ro," she said sadly.

I hugged her small frame again.

"Just don't run off again, okay?"

She nodded and I looked up at the two adults who were standing in front of me. I stood up and smiled at them before looking down at Avery who was now hugging my leg.

"Who are your friends, Avery?" I asked her.

She just giggled which caused the woman to laugh. She stepped forward and held out her hand which I politely shook.

"I'm Carly," she greeted me.

I was slightly taken back by her british accent, but I quickly recovered and introduced myself.

"I'm Rosalie. It's very nice to meet you."

The man stepped forward, extending his hand out as well. I shook it.

"My name is Sam. It's nice to meet you, Rosalie," he said in a regular American accent.

I smiled at them and patted Avery on the head.

"Where'd you find them at?" I asked her.

She looked up at me.

"The store. They brought me out to Baybay," she told me.