Cold Shoulder

The last few days have been okay, I guess. It's been about four days since the funeral and I was doing better than I was, but that was probably because I've been sleeping the past four days. It was still a bit difficult trying to get used to the fact that my dad was no longer here with me, but I knew that sooner or later I would see him again. That gave me a much better mindset about all this.

Currently I was laying in bed looking out the window. Normally I would be fast asleep, but I was pretty sure that I was all slept out. I couldn't head back to sleep if my life depended on it, and I was actually kind of glad because of it. I needed to wake up and do something with my life. Besides, Lyza and Drew would be here today and I definitely did not want to miss their arrival.

With a huff I got up from bed and wondered over to my closet to get something decent to wear for the day. I picked out a loose black shirt, some white jean shorts, and my black combat boots. Once I was changed I threw my hair up into a messy bun and threw on a little bit of makeup. Soon enough I was ready to head downstairs, but before I could Avery burst into my bedroom.

"Ro!" she exclaimed, grabbing me by the hand.

I furrowed my eyebrows and knelt down to her level. "What's wrong, Avery?"

"Baybay and uncle Jason are yelling at each other. It's scary Ro," she frowned.

I returned her frown, slightly confused as to what she just told me. I scooped the small girl up in my arms and hurried down the stairs. I stopped once I opened the front door. Just like Avery had said, Bumblebee (his holoform) and Jason were yelling at each other. Sam was even behind Jason looking rather perturbed with the situation at hand. All I could do was listen as the two exchanged words back and forth.

"You haven't spoken to me in days. Are you really that angry?" Jason asked him.

"Do you really want me to answer that?"

"Yes! I didn't ask the question for my health," Jason countered.

Bee's face contorted in anger and he stepped towards my brother. Avery seemed to get scared of what he was going to do, so she whined and buried her head in my neck.

"Well, then yes. I'm angry with you; I'm angry with both of you if it wasn't that obvious," he spat. I raised my eyebrows.

"It was supposed to be a harmless prank. We didn't know she'd breakdown once she found out," Sam finally spoke up. Well, at least now I knew what they were talking about.

"I should have never agreed with you to do it in the first place. It would have saved me the pain of watching the love of my very existence suffer like that," Bee said to him. My breath hitched in my throat as his confession.

"He's talking about you, Ro," Avery whispered to me.

"I know, Avery."

"I've already established that I wouldn't have even suggested it if I knew she was going to respond like that," Jason said, rolling his eyes.

"Answer this question: do you even care about Rosalie as much as you say you do?" Bee snapped. My eyes widened in surprise. Ouch..

"What? What the hell? How can you even say that? She's my little sister! Of course I care about her!" Jason yelled as he took a step closer. I could tell that this wasn't going to end well, but I couldn't move to put a stop to it. My feet were practically glued to the ground.

"Ro," Avery whispered to me again. I just shushed her and turned back to the three of them.

"Did you even consider her feelings?" he asked the two of them.

"Yes, but I didn't consider her sad feelings. And you agreed to do it, so you must not have either," Jason remarked.

"Oh my gosh. All I want is McDonald's. Why am I even here?" I heard Sam grumble.

"Excuse me!" Bumblebee yelled, startling me slightly. "If I remember correctly I'm the one who tried talking you out of it. I was actually afraid something like this was going to happen, but you kept trying to convince me that everything would be fine. I trusted you, Jason! It truly is a shame that I know Rosalie better than her own brother does."

Jason was now livid, and even that was an understatement.

"What?" he seethed taking a step closer to him. Even from here I could see his fist clenched at his side. This was not going to end well, and by that I meant that it was not going to end well for Jason.

"Are you going to hit me or something?" Bee chuckled, looking down at his fist.

"Oh, I could and you know it. I'm almost certain that this form is nowhere near as strong as your Cybertronian form."

"True, but that doesn't mean I'm still not stronger than you in this form. Not to mention I'm still very much skilled when it comes to combat. I've known it all my life. If you want to hit me, hit me. You won't get far," he grumbled.

In that instant Jason swung his fist, but it didn't make contact. Bee caught his hand in mid air fairly easily, and Jason was shocked. Avery jumped down from my arms and wasted no time at all in running over to the three of them.

"Stop it!" she yelled.

They stopped staring daggers at each other long enough to look down at the five year old girl. I sighed and began walking towards hem as well.

"Avery, what's wrong?" Bee asked her.

"You and Uncle Jason were fighting. I don't want you to fight," she whimpered as Bee picked her up.

All three of them looked over at me as I approached, and Jason cleared his throat.

"Um, did you see and hear all of that?" he asked, scratching the back of his head.

"You mean, did I hear you arguing over my feelings and did see you asking for a death wish? Yeah, I did," I chuckled.

He gave me a look. "Death wish?"

"Yeah. Trying to punch an Autobot is never the smartest thing to do," I told him before looking at all three of them. "Now, none of you need to feel bad about it anymore. I'm okay, honestly. I'd actually like to thank you for what you did."

I barely even gave Jason enough time to respond before I wrapped him in a hug.

"What? What do you mean?" he responded. He seemed rather startled.

I pulled away from him. "Thank you for doing what you did. You gave me the best thing in my life."

"And what might that be?" a voice behind me asked. I smiled and turned around to face Bee's holoform which, by the way, still held Avery very tightly.

"You." He only smiled.

"Can I leave so I can get McDonald's now?" Sam chimed.

I just snickered and took Avery out of his arms. "I believe it's time for this one to have a nap. Call me when Lyza and Drew are here."

I turned to walk back into the house, but turned back around.

"And no fighting. Believe me, it hurts more watching the ones I love most fighting." I wasted no time at all in running back into the house.