1: Fire and Crackers

New York
9:00 am

The lavish penthouse which was buzzing with music all night is now as silent as a grave.
Reason, well the five friends who were living their lives to the fullest till yesterday recently received the biggest shock of their life.

Aryamaan, who is known as one of the most composed secretaries in the business world is now wiping the cold sweat on his forehead again and again under his boss's cold scrutinizing gaze.

'Yaar ab isme meri kya galti? Maine to wahi bataya Jo Rani maa ne mujhe batane ke liye kaha tha. Ye mera polar bear boss mujhe aise kyun dekh Raha hai jaise Aaj raat ke khane me mujhe hi paka ke khayega.'
['Dude, what is my fault in this? I told what Rani Maa had asked me to tell. Why is this my polar bear boss looking at me like this, as if he will eat me for dinner tonight?]
, thought Aryamaan while regretting all his entire life decisions.

"Repeat again what you said seven minutes ago Aryamaan."
said Kiansh in his icy cold tone.

"Sir Rani maa said that you all have to permanently shift to India  on the order of dada sa." repeated Aryamaan nervously.

"And the reason?"

"She didn't tell any reason and also said that if you want to know then you have to ask her personally."

Kiansh let out a frustrated sigh and dismissed Aryamaan telling him to do all arrangements required.

"Soooooo what now?" said Aarav after getting bored with the silence.

"What 'what now'? Start packing your bags. We will be leaving New York tomorrow morning." said Vikrant hitting Aarav's head on his stupid question making the poor boy pout due to the smack.

"What are you thinking Kiansh?"
said Abhimanyu seeing his best friend in deep thoughts.

Kiansh was always the person who never liked to speak much but Abhimanyu knew him better in all these to understand when his best friend's silence was the silence before the storm.

Kiansh just ignored his question and before Abhimanyu could ask again they all heard a faint whisper
"Will they also be there?"
It was none other than Natasha, she had a vulnerable look on her face depicting her inner turmoil.

The four went near her to console the poor girl who was busy in remembering the past which she always dreaded.

"They all will be there and they would definitely hate me. I still remember the last look in her eyes and her last words which I heard. The despise which I had seen in all their eyes. I can't forget that. Those six hate me. How was it my fault? I was just a 10 year old kid. I only said what I remembered. I never knew. I....I...."
blabbered Natasha panicking on her own overthinking.

Kiansh went stiff when he heard the mention of her.
He composed himself as quickly as possible and tried to calm her down as well.

After a few minutes, Natasha calmed down and after hearing some comforting words from her brother, Vikrant she went to her bedroom to pack her stuff.

Abhimanyu noticed Kiansh and saw his eyes bloodshot red depicting his hate towards a certain someone 'she'. Aarav also noticed his brother's state and before he could approach him, Kiansh strided towards the gym room to pent out all his anger.

"Ye kya tha Abhi Bhai aur Kiansh Bhai ko itna gussa kiski wajah se?"
[What was this Abhi Bhai and why did Kiansh Bhai get so angry?"]
asked Aarav confusingly.