visit

Pov Roseanne Park

Pov Roseanne Park

I plunged the piece of aluminum into my thigh dragging it down, sat on the bathroom floor watching the shallow cut open, a few drops of blood trickled down my pale leg, it brought momentary relief but it wasn't like a hallucinogenic pill.

I heard knocks on the door and got up quickly, which made me completely dizzy.

- Damn. - I cursed under my breath, throwing the aluminum away with the lunchbox I hadn't eaten.

I put my dress down after cleaning the cut anyway and hoped that the bleeding had stopped. I didn't want to stay in hospital for more days than expected, but keeping hold of the fact that I wanted to recover was too tiring and difficult.

- Rosie Jennie is here. - I stared at the door standing in the middle of the bathroom, I wasn't expecting a visitor yet I didn't look like one.

Not even my best friend, seeing her worried eyes and sad, tired smile, that's how everyone looked at me.

- I'll be right there. - I lifted the hem of my dress, noticing that it was bleeding again. I wet a piece of paper and covered the cut as best I could.

After a few minutes I came out of the bathroom, and my mother looked at me suspiciously, as always.

- Are you all right? - that was the question I heard most often in my life.

- It's not like I'm stuck in a psychiatric hospital.

- Daughter, you know it's necessary. - I took a deep breath, trying not to freak out, but it was inevitable.

- You know that nothing will come of this. - I lay on the bed with difficulty, my head was throbbing and my body was limp.

The famous withdrawal from prescription drugs, I wasn't stable with them, imagine without them, I didn't know why I was weaning myself off them so soon.

- I'll call Jennie. - I settled down on the bed and put some pillows behind me.

I closed my eyes and then opened them, looking around, there was nothing I could use in that room, much like the hell I'd imagined before I blacked out, I'd give anything for a razor at that moment, I should have considered the idea of cutting my wrists at first, but the drugs were harder to fight depending on the dose, the second time I tried I cut my wrists so deeply that I couldn't move both hands for two years, even with reconstructive surgery the marks were still there, reminding me every day of yet another failure.

The door opened too quickly for me to put on an acceptable face, and Jennie walked through, closing it behind her.

- Hello, Jennie. - she said shyly, leaving the bag she was carrying on the empty sofa in front of me.

- I'm sorry. - was the only thing I managed to say.

Jennie came over to the side of the bed, sat down next to my legs and held my hand tightly, for the first time since I woke up I felt good.