Create to Please

My pencil to the paper devoid of glimmer
Scribbling words of gibberish and sentences of nonsense
My words entice, their hearts excite
And yet, I'm disconnected from the things I write

A hollow shell my creation is, with porcelain faces hiding the lack of brains
My hand pains from the aching paint while my face says nothing but vain
All for the money but never for charity
Not for others but for me

I dream of hopes to come to life
And with my mouth, gives birth to what they like
Creation alone isn't just an act
But a gift that none can wrap

Is it worth it? To see and not feel?
Am I the one in charge or is there something else that cries?
I can't tell anymore as I stop the fight
Surrendering to my mind's mice

----------

This poem is about the things we create. Some come from our hearts and are masterpieces that expresses a part of ourselves, while some create just for the sake of it. There are many who hold their creations and creativity close to their hearts and see them as more than color on a canvas or ink on a sheet of paper, sometimes they are seen as a child or as an extension of themselves. But maybe there are also some who find the need to create simply to please the crowd but they find an empty void in their souls at the end of the day- like those who are tired working in the art industry, you know... like writers or other jobs.

*Meanings

[Second stanza, first verse]
There is art that is made for looks but lacks meaning. When you say that someone has a porcelain face, it means that they lack or show no emotion. (In my view) Even if a person's creation is the best and is on the top rank, it's often just another worldly desire- all for materialistic purposes and less for what the soul actually desires. It's true, you can be genuinely happy about your artwork or piece without it being too complicated, but it won't be enjoyable when you struggle to create and gain nothing but faint applauds or little joy in return.

[Third stanza, fourth/last verse]
Creation isn't just limited to songs, art, writings, or on a canvas. It is also in everyday speech and more so in story telling. The mouth is a birthing machine and many fail to consider the words they pick and choose. You can literally change the person's emotional state and their opinions with it. Sometimes your mouth gives birth to worry and negative imaginations if you're not careful. So the "But a gift that none can wrap" means that humans create so often and so quickly that no one can control or contain it.

----------

But remember: I am not so sure if this is how some people act. I just assume with what looks real and sounds true to me because I lack experience and opportunity to gain some. I hope you guys can understand my views especially for the first chapter.