Seatherny

The birds chirp outside the window
As I sit in a cage under a willow
Blue is the blood within my veins
Courtesy doesn't let a woman be blamed

The royal crown, so delicate and strong
I remember my armor shining at dawn
How sharp is my sword? The man asks
Enough to cut off a nasty hand

Position and power was simply a dream
Sundreesoro soon followed after
When I accepted, then I was tested
Yet free from the cage where the leaves lasted

In a humble home, there I sit
Longing after the things eternal
Love and joy, provided by another
The crown I wished for is now fulfilled

----------
*Wordbank
Seatherny - The beautiful feeling when you hear the birds sing or chirp
Sundreesoro - When you woke up from a good dream and realized it wasn't real
Courtesy - Being polite and respectful in one's attitude towards others
Dire - very serious and extreme

This poem is about a man who thirsted for worldly things because of pride but stopped to honor his family instead. This is the people today who are focused on simple things like rank and money. They sometimes want to be respected but forget that the most valuable respect comes from within the family. Sometimes marriage and family are done as another objective in life, but I have noticed that most husbands are not leading and doing their role effectively in the home— causing discord and for it to crumble. (Women have their part but we focus on men today.)

The man in this poem shows how complete he felt in the last stanza. In the other parts of the poem, we can see him looking at other things and how the tone of his words feels hollow and unhappy. The picture suggests a blue peacock, which is a hint that the speaker is a male. It also shows that when you know how to be a good man who is mature, you earn a life that is more beautiful than others.

*Meanings

[First stanza, first verse]
Birds are a symbol of hope and freedom. The bird's chirp is a call for the man to break free from his cage.

[First stanza, second verse ' third stanza, last verse]
The verse is connected with the third stanza, last verse. The leaves of the tree represent balance, harmony, and growth through troubles in life and love. The man is in a cage within his chase for materialistic things when the true valuable treasures are right beside him. He is recognizing his situation in the first stanza, showing how he is willing to change his situation.

(source: https://www.auroracellars.com/exploring-the-symbolism-and-serenity-of-the-majestic-willow-tree/ )

[First stanza, third verse]
As we discussed in Blue Chrysalis (the third chapter of this book), blue represents boys and masculinity. He is aware of his job as a man within the family and marriage. However, it can also be interpreted as him using drugs in the story.

[Second stanza, second verse]
The armor is the start of his rank getting higher. As he keeps getting more popular and more respected among his friends, he feels like he is proud. The dawn represents youth in his life, showing that his worldy desires started while he was young.

[Second stanza, third verse ' second stanza, last verse]
The sword is his anger towards himself for neglecting his wife and children. He also feels guilt and sadness because of what he did in his chase of worldliness— lying, lust, envy and hatred towards another. He is talking about how he will cut off his shabby and unclean areas of his life to permanently stay away from it, putting an end to his lifestyle.

[Third stanza, second verse]
As he crawls nearer to the end of his cycle, he is faced with the dire task of nurturing the neglected areas of his family. He is now free but has to deal with the conciquences of his absence as a husband and a father.

[Last stanza, last verse]
I am young, but I know how fulfilling it is to complete your role as either a man or a woman in your house. Particularly for the man, leading and keeping their family in order is what makes them content and satisfied in a marriage. When the man is present in the house, it gives order and shape as they do their part— which is what gives the father respect that is far more important than by his friends.

----------

The added character (') is used to connect verses with each other that share a part in the interpretation part.