Heave Ho, Set Sail

With stories in a bale
Shall it reach the dales?
Heave ho, let the tide rise
If you trust in it, it will be our guide

So simple the pen
So powerful the ink
One can't deny if his tears are at brink

Raise the flag with flying colors
As we sail to a brighter future
The steer, the poles, it's all in your hold
Bold and brave is the Captain's command

----------
*Word bank:
Bale - a bundle
Dale - valley
Brink - edge of an object
(Idiom) Flying colors - to be successful

This poem is about the talent of writing and how I depict it as a ship. A ship may seem simple, but it is complicated and profound. It's big and great- and must always be resilient to avoid sinking. It is also tested with strong waves and stormy seas, and only the best ones get to sail another time.

*Meanings

[First stanza, third and last verse]
The competitions and hard moments in developing the talent of writing is your training. If you follow it and trust that it is for your good, you will eventually find your reward- the treasure. Strong foundations withstand the battering weathers of life.

[Last paragraph, third verse]
It means that the talent is entrusted to your hands. Every part of it should be well cared for and as a result, it will make it stronger. That's why the steer and poles are mentioned, it's easy to recognize that they are important parts of the ship that hold a lot of strength.

[Last paragraph, last verse]
From a religious perspective, God is the Captain of the ship- hence the capitalization. He directs His people to a brighter and blessed future, but He requires that you must stay strong with every test. Your talent will grow if you let Him be your leader.

If you're a secular person, the Captain can be the owner of the talent. It's the same point, to be strong in every test.

----------