Attraction of Sadness

Although you think I'm rather daft
You'll simply get lost within my drafts
Abashed I may feel, my paper says
No land, no hand, none in twain

Distressed, impressed, just don't feel pressed
Humans are so fond of being depressed
Sad art is always praised
Much more than the happy days

----------
*Word bank
- daft: stupid or crazy
- abashed: feeling or caused to feel uneasy or self-conscious
- twain: two of the same kind; pair, similar

This poem talks about how sad art always attracts the most attention. It's no surprise or hidden fact that the type of content people always praise is sadness like sad paintings or music. It's not necessarily wrong as people have their preferences and there is something about sadness that gravitates us towards it- but I believe that people are too absorbed in it sometimes.

*Meanings

[First stanza, first and second verse]
The speaker is a content creater. Even if you think he or she is insane, the amount of attraction his content gets will outnumber the unsupportive comments.

[First stanza, last verse]
This has three compartments: Land, hand, and twain

No land - as in not rational. With art like this, many are after the emotion of negativity or the desire to feel deep- a large portion of teens even want to feel depressed. It is all useless with the obsession with negativity and it makes me think that they don't have a strong mindset that positivity is many times stronger than sadness.

No hand - no one is there to guide the real ones who suffer from depression and anxiety. They don't need too much comfort (just enough), they don't need to linger with their negative thoughts or doubts that allow them to stay within that cycle. What they need is guidance, attention, personal love and assistance from their parents, and for the root of their problems to be solved or mended.

None in twain - as in none that is a duplicate. It highlights how sadness makes us feel deep and somehow meaningful, making us feel that it is expensive and precious. It is like a diamond that people treasure, but people need to realize that it has become so common that it is not as unique as before

----------

But always remember, it's not wrong to express your pain through art. It's creative and it's true that sad art is so different and I believe it's because humans want to feel like they're something more, that joy feels so little or shallow.

Well, that's what I see and but not think.