Safety near Icicles

It's not dangerous, it's not fearsome
I thought I was scared or too dumb
Many ways of life are fine
Although bumpy, let your smile chime

Trust is what lets you soar
Tears is what makes you roar
Beware if someone speaks in hands
A message of kindness or harmful rants

Drip, drop the water stops
Laughter, joy, rings in my ears
Yet all that is hidden by a mask
A stone cold face to evade wonderful days

----------

This poem is about a person who is serious and cold to protect themselves from harmful people when he/she socializes. He is afraid of being influenced, hurt, or destroyed even when the people around him make it clear that nothing is there to worry about. The friends he has are those with good intentions and interact with him in a friendly manner, but he still keeps a shell of coldness until he feels comfortable.

*Meanings

[Second stanza, third verse]
The "speaks in hands" refer to actions a person can do to another. They say actions speak louder than words because there is always something that influences what one chooses to do to another soul. When they act mean, maybe there is something in their life- anxiety, jealousy that they don't have the same things you do, or bitterness that they were hurt before. Beware of everything that is happening when a problem arises because you can respond kindly when they act rude and defuse the problem better.

[Third stanza, fourth verse]
Showing emotion is like being vulnerable and laying out your guts in front of everyone. I personally keep a serious face in a new group of people because I don't trust them with myself and I was always comfortable being in my little world. However, hiding for too long is not a correct solution for problems. It shortens not only your chance to laugh and play, but also the potential to teach other people things. It's important to remember that you can be a statue but remain happy- laugh at things you find funny.

----------