Your Worth is Formed

Screens to ponder, the paper is thin
All neutral and nothing special
The opportunity is in your hands as the world is in mine
Do not forget that you are not a dime

Worth more than diamonds, yet you never see it shine
Do you let every lazy haze to linger?
Do you believe this life has nothing offer?
Is this all you were looking for?

'Cause every article, every word
It's there to stay within your world
How will you grow with nothing to show?
Go forth, travel to and fro

Use the things that you have now
To form a future of something with worth
Learn and read, enhance your deeds
And remember that you are not a dime

----------

This poem talks about the worth of a person and the speaker is encouraging someone to become more valuable through character, morals, and quality as a human being. It is more of a song compared to the rhyming of my poems that I usually prefer to do, so if you can make a tune for yourself, that would be great. Ideally, it is the internet the speaker is talking about- wanting the person or listener to use it to learn and add value to their lives.

*Meanings

[First stanza, first verse]
"Screens to ponder" is about the work life most people have- it's wasting their lives away on a computer screen in a job that sucks the life out of you. Consider about the job you have now and see beyond that. Seek more in hobbies and talents, growth or maturity, even if you have to stay in that job to provide for your needs. The truth is that your life is not confined or contained within the economy, it's not that hard to break off and find that there is joy when you learn how to be happy with your interests.

"The paper is thin" this means that the relationship between you and your deeper self is being neglected or thin. Paper is not just a dead tree, it can become a mirror that shows you the deepest parts of yourself through writing your ideas and diary entries. It has been my mirror for many years- ever since I knew how to write in my own style.

[First stanza, third verse]
The digital world allowed humans to have the world in their hands. Everything and anything on the internet can be accessed for free and any information is at your fingertips. People should know that it can foster your hobbies, interests, and talents. It encourages the person or reader to use the internet to learn instead for pure entertainment like most people, and instead grow new skills in arts or any interest.

[Third stanza, last verse]
Learning can take you to other places. The places I am talking about is not physical but rather metaphorical- there are stages in your growth as a person that brings you to a higher level each time you surpass the difficulties in it.

[Last stanza, second verse]
Growing in maturity and knowledge give you your value. Some think they have worth but in truth they're not special or valuable. If one dresses like a prostitute and acts vile or irrational, that shows they are of little value. If someone is wise and patient, that shows they have great value. Learning is what makes you even more precious as you stand out from the world of stupidity or lifelessness, so develop the love for learning, how things should work, and how to think differently compared to others. Ultimately, this was the message I was trying to say.

----------