Chapter 3: The First Man vs The Huntress

[Halo City | Stadium]

Here we go again...

A holy blast sounding awfully like music destroys the entire left wall of the empty stadium.

And from it, leaves a direct path towards the center stage from the VIP lounge, with three Angels rushing out into the open...

Adam, with his wings out, armed with a golden guitar axe. Against Maria, who's unarmed, just dashing to avoid his constant attacks.

Lute can only follow the two, watching their battle, as the Exorcist uses her wings to observe from above. But from what Lute can see, it's not much of a battle, if at all...

While Adam is on the offensive, striking with insane speed and ferocity of an Angel his level, it's no match for Maria. The latter merely dodging every single attack thrown her way, not even armed to counterattack at all.

It's a clear statement she's making. That Maria is unthreatened by Adam, and much stronger than she appears to be.

"Grr!" Adam yells, frustrated with the way the fight's going. "Stop fucking running!"

"...I see it now. Clear as day," Maria comments, sidestepping out of the way. "The way you move in battle, how you swing your weapon..."

"It's like you haven't fought in some time."

Maria suddenly gets in close, now ear to ear with Adam. She whispers...

"Be honest with me, is this the first time you actually broke a sweat? Old man?"

"YOU FUCKING-!"

Adam replies with a broad sweeping swipe around him, cutting nothing but air. Cursing some more, he turns around to see his opponent, now across from him, reaching into a mysterious mist in the ground.

"Fine, I will entertain this... tantrum of yours," Maria states, summoning her own weapon. "After all, this is the way of the world. Strength is everything... "

"let me show you a glimpse of mine."

[Technique Reveal]

Lute, still watching the battle, sees Maria's power for the first time. And her reaction is literally jaw dropping...

And how could she not.

From the mysterious mist at her feet, the Archangel brings forth a silver bladed broadsword.

Carved out along the entirety of the sword, engravings mark the center all the way down to the cross guard and handle.

Perfectly narrow and sharp, it looks like it can pierce flesh like paper from its twin sided edge.

And although but a simple arming sword, following it through the mist is a much larger blade.

Almost like a sleeve, in the way it's able to connect with the broadsword, it appears too complex for Lute to even comprehend the inner workings of it all...

But she has no doubt in her mind whatsoever, that this technological monster of a weapon is unable to be wielded by the Archangel of the Swift Hunt, herself.

In fact, Maria Moonshine is able to wield it perfectly. As if it is a part of her, as she will do right now...

 As if it is a part of her, as she will do right now