Chapter 17: No Rest For The Wicked

[Pentagram City | Carmine's Penthouse]

Arriving at the foot of Carmilla's highrise, both Overlords take a turn into the nearby alleyway. Where a set of elevators await them, providing direct access to the floors up top.

Approaching the lift, a security camera catches the Overlord's forms. Zestial appears clear as day, but once it sets its sights on Alastor, the tech immediately glitches out...

The Radio Demon couldn't help but smile wider, the small act reminding him of simpler times. As much as Alastor adored the attention of Hell's denizens, he also knew when to lurk in the shadows.

But that was back then, when people were much less civil. Today, Alastor desires only to relish this feeling of power. To feel that feeling of being the strongest in the room, knowing he can kill anyone if he so chooses to.

By the Gods did Alastor miss this...

"No, no." Alastor says, holding his cane to block the eggs from following. "I have a very important task for you. Stay here and guard the front until I return..."

Obeying, the minions render him a salute. Zestial hums humorously and Alastor rolls his eyes, unable to not see these creatures as anything but beneath them.

The elevator ascents and the two demons await as they're taken to the top of the highrise. Or is it three, the thought escapes Alastor. But he dismisses this, the only other being worth his acknowledgment is Zestial beside him.

Stepping out and onto the carpeted floor, they make their way into the conference room just down the hallway. Alastor scans around and notices it all but empty, except for the two Carmine daughters in the middle of setting up.

"Looks like we're early," Alastor comments. "Not a single Overlord in sight."

"Indeed," Zestial nods. "Come. Let us not mingle about."

The Undead Overlord walks in first, followed by the Radio Demon. Both Carmine daughters take notice and greet Zestial with a smile.

"Hello, girls. Clara, Odette." Zestial addresses, familiar with Carmilla's children. "Where is thy mother?"

"In her office." Odette, the daughter with glasses, replies.

"She's busy finishing up today's sales," Odette, the one with protruding horns, adds. "You can see her."

"Many thanks," Zestial tips his head. He looks at Alastor before leaving. "Remain here. We shall begin shortly."

Nodding in agreement, Alastor watches the Overlord depart. Now left alone, the Radio Demon takes his seat. Simply waiting with a smile for the meeting...

"So," Alastor starts, merely bored and wanting to make idle conversation. "Clara and Odette, isn't it? It's been some time since I last seen you. My, how you've grown."

"The Radio Demon," Clara answers, crossing her arms. "Mom said you were dead."

"Clara," Odette is quick to remind her. "Don't talk to him-"

"Death always seems to escape me." Alastor inspects his claws, taking note of the daughter's hesitancy toward him. And rightfully so. "What else has Carmilla told you?"

Clara, being the more headstrong out of the two, keeps conversing. While Odette remains silent, watching the exchange with a weary eye.

"That you're a crazed twisted sociopath," Clara adds, not at all scared of the Radio Demon. "Murdering more Overlords than anyone else in Hell. You make these sick broadcasts that only freaks find entertaining..."