Chapter 1: Oh what a beautiful night to hunt!

[Earth]

The Day of Heaven's Annual Extermination...

While Adam and his Exorcist Army go down to Hell to cull its population, Maria is on Earth. Lurking between back allys and rooftops, her predatory eye searching for something in particular.

Similar to the Exorcists, Maria too is on a hunt on behalf of Heaven.

Her prey?

A trio of rouge Cherubs that were banished from Heaven, for their involvement in the death of a human and multiple bystanders found at the scene.

Unable to re-enter Heaven, these now Fallen Angels mindlessly roam the Earth without direction nor motive. Harmless enough, but Maria knows well that supernatural of any kind will bring only ruin to Humanity.

Especially Angels, who are more powerful than any low class demon, even those at the bottom of the hierarchy. The possibilities are endless, they could destroy cities, massacre humans...

Even ally themselves with Hell.

Lucifer and his Sins? Not a chance. But Hellspawn, specifically its royal families, will see this as an opportunity to gain more power...

Power they can use against Heaven, against Humanity.

Maria won't let that happen. No, she'll cut out this Cherub factor altogether. Like a disease, disgusting and vile, akin to vermin.

She could almost hear the voice of her father. Knowing him, he would approve of this mindset, encourage it even...

"These are but blasphemous traitors, Maria. Show no mercy, for they showed the same to those poor humans."

...

She narrowed them down to a warehouse at the edge of town, near the pier of some human city.

From this far out, the lights from the luminous city have all but faded. And the only source now is the natural glow of the moon above. The clouds have disappeared, making it a full moon. And with it shining on Maria from behind, it displays her similarly to the Angel of Death herself.

"Found you..."

[F̴̨̛̪͔̰̟̤̠͕̾̒̿͂͝͝ͅl̶̢̙̭̞̙̦̤̐͜o̵͓̘̠̱̯͎̬̍́̏̓̾̍͌̓̽͝r̸̘̤͇̟̘͍̗̰̅̊̆̾̌͗̓̅̓a̴̧͈̳̙͊̇͑̆̌̉͗͘̚͠'̶͖̩̼͓̬̈́̽̏͌̉̐͌s̸̨͓̙̥̜̠̰͔̋̉̃̔͛̒̏̄̕̚ ̷̢͙̘̖͈͕͙͙̻͕͊͂̉̿́B̷̞͒̌̎̀͆͋́͛́l̷̡̽͑̈́͊̎͘ẽ̸̯̙̱̮͉͈̩̝͑̒̋̆͘s̵̼̠͈̳͎͓͓̟͑̋̅̎͗͗̒̚s̷̨̖̠̜͓̺̻̜͉̑̅͜i̷̧̲͎̪̳͓͙̳͔̱̿̓̈́͌͌̎͂͘̕n̴̨͚͉͙̮̮̼̥͒̃̈̀̀̆͒͑̊̚͜g̵̛̺̳̒̓̏͂̾̚ ̷͈̤̖̣̿̽̋̀̉̀̏͝͝|̸̬͚̐̈͐̽̎̆̔̕̕ ̸̡̫͖̦̪̘̪̼͉̍̓̍̀̽́H̸̡͖̗̤͕̻̼̥̊͑̉͂͠ͅu̷̖̱̺̫̍̋̉͋̊̑̈́̀̕̚ṉ̵̱̦̰̟̫̻̑͐̈́̈̊̄͊̍͘t̵̹̪̝͇̥̙͑̋́͘͜e̶͇͂̔͘ŗ̵̯̈́͒'̴̼̱̙̼̠͓̟̩̊͗̽̏̓͊s̴̪̖̠͇͔̱̽̿͑͒̌͐̍͒̒͠ ̸̟̹̩͔͕͍̓͂̅͒͋̐F̸̛̠̘̎͝ȏ̶̧̧̮̋̒̎̀̑̈́̋̑̕g̷̯̹͈̟͍̝̹̺͙͛̈́̆͒]

Fog begins to grow under her feet, until the next instant, Maria sinks into the thick mist and reappears inside the building. Her eyes quickly find her three targets, floating around a flame lit barrel.

The three Cherubs, Cletus, Collin, and Keenie fly back in shock to this new guest.

Standing before them is a womanly figure clad in unusual armor...

Masking her face is a silver engraved medieval helm, the same for her arm gauntlets and greaves.

Covering her top is a black regal button up, her bottoms a similar shade for her pair of slacks. A second layer of dark thick leather provides increased protection during combat...