Chapter 18: Past My Wicked Ways

Behind the golden gates of the Silver City, evil continues to stir. Like a professional chess game, figures in Heaven continue to play for control.

Pieces moved around, words exchanged behind closed doors.

How ironic, for beings of light and virtue, they sure are anything but.

The First Man in all of Creation is of no exception...

...

[Heaven]

[Halo City | Sera's Office]

"I'm sorry, what?" Sera does a double take, turning away from her work to look at the First Man. "You failed?"

"Hey, I didn't fail." Adam is quick to correct, nonchalantly slurping his fast food drink. "I made clear efforts to establish peaceful relations with Hell..."

Adam shrugs his shoulders, wings tucked lazily under his arms.

"It's not my fault the Princess didn't cooperate."

Sera sighs deeply, rubbing the crease out of her brow.

"So that's it," Sera sums up, trying to accept this new reality. Heaven is sure to experience some dark times ahead. "Hell is revolting... again. And this time, we'll lose even more of our people."

...

...

...

"It doesn't have to be," Adam suggests. "There's another way that doesn't involve another uprising."

Sera looks back at Adam, not seeing the First Man beneath. But the cocky smile of his LED mask, bright and golden.

"Explain then, Adam." Sera gestures for him to continue. Not like she had any other options. "Tell me how we can prevent another war..."

The First Man chuckles at the Seraphim's sarcastic tone, undeterred and like he has it all figured out. And maybe he does, Adam isn't stupid. He commands an entire army of Exorcists, and has demonstrated undying loyalty to Heaven.

The Garden of Eden incident comes to the High Seraphim's mind...

But Sera can't help but get the feeling of wariness at the reincarnated Angel standing before her.

"All I'm saying is that when the next Extermination comes, I'll kill the Morningstar girl."

"Are you mad?!" Sera yells back, not a second later. Her divinity spiking as angelic eyes form on her person. "That will invoke a war with Hell immediately! Is that what you want! The Lightbringer and his supporters to invade and slaughter us all!"

 "That will invoke a war with Hell immediately! Is that what you want! The Lightbringer and his supporters to invade and slaughter us all!"

"Killing the Princess will doom us all!"

Turning away in a scoff, Sera looks out the window of her skyscraper office. Shaking her head at the idea, hating it a million times over.