Chapter 25: The Lightbringer

(Easily one of my best chapters so far... I had a lot of fun writing this)

[Heaven | Halo City]

[Ten Thousand Years Ago]

Screams ring out across the Silver City as his army crumbles into nothingness...

Thrown to his knees, he lays on all fours. Wide-eyed and gasping for air, Samael is left disorientated after experiencing his brother's technique. His mind is a mess of unprocessed data that he's barely able to compute. The Seraphim is lucky he's not a vegetable after being bombarded by the centuries worth of divine energy thrown his way.

Unlike most of his soldiers, who were too weak to withstand the Archangel of War's [̴͋Do̷̧̬̾̀͘͜m̵̥͚̓̕â̶̘̣i̴̊̓n̴̡̢̲̖̖̆͜ ̷̱͚̟̬̊̆̆̇̎Ë̷́ẍ̵̛̅͑͝p̵̨̫̈́a̵̎̆͝ń̶̢̡̨̟̯͕̻̇s̷̙̜̰͍̩͛ḯ̵̫̞̃̂͝o̴̩͙͑n̷̂͂̊]̶̹͐̈͝͝. Becoming basically brain-dead as a result, their deaths are now on his conscious forever.

Speaking of his people, Samael returns back to reality. Only to hear the agonizing wails of one of his generals nearby...

Their shrill cries fill his ears, invading Samael's senses as all he can do is watch in horror. An Angel's wings are a precious thing, making them all but synonymous with the light itself. So to see them being taken away so brutally, so viciously is absolutely traumatizing to him.

Staring in shock, Samael sees his sister, The Archangel of Death no less, freely slicing off their wings with her iconic twin short blades. Gifted by their father, it's made from a special metal alloy of the stars, [̶͗̆̒́͝S̷̩̿͜i̸̋̅̌͑d̵̗͔̟͍̺̍̄̔͘͠é̴͌ȓ̴̏̂̋͗̾̀͠͝ȋ̴̗͉́̌t̵̔ȇ̷̞̮̦̀]̶̄̌͒. Making it the only weapon in creation to cancel magic directly.

And in this particular scenario, dispel any healing at the source. Preventing an Angel from regenerating their wings, even those well-versed in [Reverse Curse Technique]. How cruel, but when is it not for God's Righteous Reaper...

Severing all six of their wings off, she leaves his general crying sorrowfully on the floor. Throwing their detached appendages onto an already-made pile. Where they're left to burn along with the mountains of others she's mutilated today.

Azrael remains silent. Wearing a dull bored expression on her face as she moves onto her next victim, unfazed by Samael's petrified look.

"Don't give me that look, Samael. You've done worse..."

Chuckling can be heard approaching him, dress shoes clicking annoyingly against the golden brick road as they get ever so closer. Samael doesn't need to turn around to know that it's his twin brother, laughing mockingly at the Lightbringer's emotional pain.

[̵̻̤̥͔͈̰͓̃W̶̙̅͛̾͐̕͝a̷̙̓̚l̴̥̟͔̳͐͋͒̌̓̑̑͝k̵̢̞̫̣̪̘̦͆̽ ̷͈̮̰̹̻̈́̋͑̎͒Ȍ̵̡̯͐f̴̦̠͙̯̭̌̂̇͆f̷̨̡͔͚̝͕̥̱͎̓̾͛̎̋̃!̷̤̤̘̙̫̼̮̣̝̊̒͐̂͑̌͝]̶̭͑̊̓̇͊

Samael turns to the voice next, hearing the powerful words of Gabriel taking control over the thousands of Angels under his command.

Using her divine magic, the Archangel of Faith casts her technique on his remaining army. Easily affecting his rank-and-file soldiers, Gabriel's magic floods the ears of them all. Infecting their minds and bodies alike, her powerful divinity controls them like a virus. Allowing her to effortlessly force them over the kingdom's edge, where a massive portal into Hell awaits them. 

"What a waste of perfect divinity..." The Archangel of Wisdom, Uriel comments from the air. Using his six wings to stay afloat, he casts the gateway for Samael's falling army. "Unfortunate, but this is the best outcome..."