Chapter 27: My Guiding Moonlight

Many, from Angelkind to Hellborn and even a select few Humans, believe that Heaven is at the top of the universe...

And in a way, they are correct. Divine paradise was created first, before the other realms. But that's merely a half-truth, passed down to deceive the masses. Keeping them stagnant in their ignorance.

Because before Hell. Before Heaven and the Earth, there exists the first realm made by the Lord Creator...

A white marble mansion, standing tall above the clouds of the Silver City. Its importance and secrecy is so great that no mere mortal knows of its existence. And even fewer beings, including the High Seraphim and lowborn divine, have ever stepped foot on its sacred grounds.

Built in a time where there existed only the Great One of Light and his Seven Archangel Children...

God's Heavenly Palace.

...

[Heaven | God's Heavenly Palace]

[Seven Years Ago] 

Darkness... Nothing but darkness as far as the eye can see...

The last thing Maria remembers is her throat being slit. Draining her like a fountain as the man who killed her, the Eldritch Assassin, bids her goodbye with that unnerving grin of his.

Now she lies in a world unknown to her. Drifting in the vast reaches of darkness, as if Maria were lost at sea and left mindlessly floating in an open ocean. Rescue not even being a possibility for the young woman. Especially when the entity holding her captive is a being stronger than anything in her universe.

Rivaling that of the Great One of Light himself.

'This is the line between life and death...'

Crimson red light shines behind Maria, its intensity so bright and contrasting against the vacuum of empty space that it forces her to turn in curiosity to the mysterious source.

Only to be met with a sight Maria wouldn't have imagined. Not in a thousand lifetimes.

'A realm separate from yours... Where good and evil do not exist...'

The outline of a towering beast, with the backing of a much larger blood moon behind it. Every detail is obscured by the bright red light, but Maria is still able to make most of it out.

A bipedal body, close to human-like, floats toward Maria. It's incredibly tall height towers over the small human in comparison. Even if it lacks muscle tissue, making its frame lean and bony.

Long sharp appendages sprout from its back, clearly tentacles resembling a slimy cephalopod back on Earth. The same tentacles ordain the monster's head-like hair, making up for the obvious feature that it lacks...

A face and in its place is a large gaping hole. Masking its features completely to the human and wordlessly signifying its presence as terrifying and not of this world.

'Home of the Great Ones, where my people reside. The Cosmos...'

She should be afraid. And yet, Maria isn't. Feeling a sense of kinship with the monster for reasons unknown.