Chapter 5: Her Holy Agenda

Inside the dimly lit house, three Angels sit around a dining table, enjoying a candle lit home cooked dinner...

...

[Halo City | Lute's Residence]

Lute could not believe her taste buds.

This honestly, is the best damn food she's ever had in her life. 

(Picture the Doll is Maria, the two Hunters are Lute and Adam) 

"Maria..." Lute says, cutting away at a perfectly seared steak. "This is amazing."

"Mhm!" Adam seconds, unable to fully talk with a full slice of cake in his maw. "Fucking! Great!"

Maria chuckles, sitting down and helping herself to a glass of wine.

"I'm glad you're both enjoying it," Maria sips the red liquor, before eating from her plate. "Cooking is a pleasant hobby of mine."

"Hobby?" Lute tilts her head. "You?"

"Yes," Maria smiles, amused. "I may be a high ranking Archangel, but I can have pastimes. Personally, I find it necessary to have a hobby. Get's me away from the responsibilities of working so close to the Seraphim."

"I see," Lute nods, feeling regret for asking such a thing. It makes the Exorcist realize that there's still so much she doesn't know about Maria. "That would make sense, sorry for asking such a dumb question."

Maria sees Lute's hurt expression and decides to ease her worries. By placing a hand on Lute's arm.

"There is no such thing as a dumb question," Maria tells her, comforting the Exorcist. "And you are certainly not dumb at all, Lute. In fact, I enjoy the questions. It makes me feel closer to you and not like some all powerful deity."

Lute widens her eyes, looking up at Maria. While Adam simply raises his brow, otherwise saying nothing to disrupt the two Angels bonding together.

"Really?" Lute asks, to which the Archangel nods in return.

"Really," Maria confirms. "Talk to me, Lute. Like I'm a person, just like you."

Lute smiles, agreeing as the Angels continue dinner. The hours passing by into the night, none of them caring at all and simply basking in this normal homey atmosphere. 

ᛝ𒉭ᛦ

"Alright," Maria sets her utensils down. Dabbing her lips with a table napkin. "It's about time we proceed onto business."

"Yes," Lute nods, turning to Adam. "That is, if everyone's ready."

"Not to worry, daughter." Adam waves off, setting his elbows on the table. "For once, you have my undivided attention."

"Then let us begin," Maria smiles. "Now, as I mentioned before. I'm on a very important mission to oversee your meeting in Hell..."

"Something your Exorcists, much less Heaven, hasn't done since the banishment of the Serpent, Lucifer Morningstar. Tell me, why now?"