THIRTY-FOUR

8th december 2023, baku

WHAT HAD FOLLOWED THEIR FIRST KISS WAS WEEKS OF HARMONY. Max and Ella had hid their relationship easily, they were still working things out and didn't want to confuse Millie. Tonight was the FIA Prize Giving Ceremony, and the couple were expecting Millie to arrive back home later today.

Millie had stayed at Victorias for three days, Max missed his daughter but was ecstatic to spend some alone time with his new beau. When Millie wasn't there, Ella could stay in his bed without the risk of Millie waking her father up in the morning and discovering their secret.

"Ready for tonight gorgeous?" Max stretched, kissing her on the forehead. Ella rubbed her skin, and covered the pillow over her fresh eyes, shielding herself from the light. Max scoffed and removed the pillow, kissing her cheek repeatedly, Ella giggled at his silliness. Max scooped her into a cuddle, and planted a single peck on her collarbone. "I'm excited for Millie to return!" Ella revealed, Max agreed with her.

"But aren't you even more excited to see me recieve a trophy?" He raised an eyebrow, Ella teased him. "I don't know, I really miss Millie."

"Wow. You prefer her over me?" He questioned, Ella wasn't sure he wanted to hear the answer. Max took the question back, and kissed her gently. "I don't think I'll sleep well without you tonight in my bed," Ella whispered.

"About that... What if Millie stayed with my mother tonight in her hotel? She did offer?" Max winked at her, Ella shook her head. "Max! Millie hasn't seen us in days!" She's been in the Netherlands!"

"I know... But she will be seeing us in an hour. And after tomorrow we have the rest of the holidays with her!" Ella didn't like the idea of Max pushing his daughter away for her, but Max swore it was just because tonight was a special night. "Okay. But tomorrow Millie and I are making cookies and you aren't getting any!" She said sternly, Max agreed and kissed her cheek once more. Kissing Ella had become one of Max's favourite things. He couldn't get enough of her.