TWENTY-NINE

5th november 2023, brazil

"DO YOU THINK DADDY WILL LET ME ON THE PODIUM?" Millie asked, there was seven laps left of the race and Ella was practically a puddle of sweat. Max and Ella both had the same feeling from last night, the feeling something wasn't quite right. It was horrible.

Everything had went really well so far, for Max. There was a crash at the start, but everyone was okay. As the race neared its end, Ella's worries settled. Max crossed the finish line in first with no problems. "I'll take Millie over ready for the podium," Sophie said quickly, she hugged Ella and whispered in her ear. What she whispered shocked Ella deeply, she turned and caught sight of what, who, Sophie was warning Ella about.

She walked over to her with a friendly smile, though her intentions were nothing but nice. "Hi! I don't believe we've met." Ella said kindly, the woman looked down on her as if she was filth, and gave her the fakest smile Ella had ever been slapped with. "I'm Ella! And you are?"

"Amalia Becker," she stated as if it was obvious. Ella had hoped that Sophie was wrong, and it was just a lookalike. But unfortunately that was not the case. In front of Ella, stood Millie's mother.

"I was actually just on my way to the Redbull garage, and I have no idea who you are so..." The blonde laughed cruelly, Ella nodded. "I can't help but notice you actually don't have one of these pass things on you," Ella gestured to her pass, "and so I don't think you're allowed this way, I'm sorry."

"You have no idea what you're talking about. I don't need a pass. I know Max Verstappen. The Max Verstappen!" She crossed her arms intimidatingly, but Ella wasn't bothered.

"Sorry, it's the rules." Ella shrugged, Amalia looked Ella up and down with judgement. "Oh so you work here? Well, girl to girl, you can just let me by." Amalia spoke to her as if she was a child, Ella shook her head.