THIRTY-THREE

26th november 2023, monaco

THE NIGHT HAD BEEN FILLED WITH LAUGHTER AND MEMORIES. Ella and Max knew quite a lot about each other now, their friendship had blossomed into something quite lovely.

But Max wanted more.

He hadn't stopped thinking about Ella's confession about Nico. Max's best friend had asked her out. And Ella was genuinely considering saying yes. It infuriated him.

"So. Three time World Champion? Has a nice ring to it." She complimented, Max thanked her and admitted he was very content with his life. "You are so successful Max, I'm really jealous."

"You shouldn't be jealous. All I do is drive a car." He joked, Ella laughed at his charm. "Oh! I just remembered." Ella said quickly, jumping off the couch and running to the kitchen. Max watched confused from the couch as he called after her. She told him to wait a minute, and he did as he was asked.

"I got your favourite wine! Cmon let's celebrate! Millie is well asleep by now." Ella grinned cutely, waving the bottle with a proud demeanour. Max rolled his eyes with a smile. He gave in, allowing Ella to pour him a glass. "How are we going to celebrate without waking up the five year old next door?"

"We'll just have to be quiet, Mr Champion." She whispered the sentence. It drove Max wild, his chest tightened with butterflies. Max rolled his eyes at her new nickname for him, Ella pulled him off the couch in an attempt to get him to dance, still not letting go of her wine glass. Max shook his head. "I don't dance."

"I've danced with you before. And I've seen videos of you dancing." She dismissed his lies, Max furrowed his eyebrows. "Where?"

"Millie showed me one she found on tiktok... C'mon just dance I wont tell anyone!" Ella put her wine glass on the table after taking a gulp, Max scoffed but started lightly swaying to the beat that was playing. It seemed as though there were now two women Max couldn't say no to.