THIRTY-EIGHT

23rd december 2023, monaco

         ELLA TOOK A DEEP BREATH. "You ready?" Alfonzo questioned, Ella nodded silently. "I'll stay here while you guys talk, don't take your stuff up because then it'll look like you're assuming he'll let you stay," Alfonzo suggested, Ella laughed but listened to what he said, and made her way up to Max's apartment with empty hands.

She knocked on the door with shaking bones, and took a deep breath as she heard the door unlocking. "Ella, thank god." He said immediately, hugging her as tight as he could. She couldn't help but smile, she had missed his touch. He kissed her cheek.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left. Can you picture yourself forgiving me one day?" She smiled, holding back tears that filled her eyes. Max smiled. "You were always forgiven, gorgeous." He said softly, he kissed her against the door.

"You're not leaving ever again," Max growled, kissing her passionately. His girl was back, and she wasn't going anywhere ever again. He wouldn't let her go ever again, he made a mistake last time. "I missed you."

"I was only gone two weeks,"

"Exactly, never do that again." He insisted, "You don't hate me?" She asked, her eyes wide with fear. "I could never hate you," Max whispered, kissing her neck gently. "Don't you think we should talk first?"

"Not really," he laughed, kissing her all over. "Max," she said softly, god she drove him insane; in a good way, in the best way. The way she said his name made his heart skip a beat. Her smile made his stomach fill with butterflies. "Max! My brother is outside," she laughed. "Which one?" He asked, Ella informed him which one, and why. And Max immediately invited him to stay the night. "I'll go get him. Is Millie asleep?" She asked, Max nodded, she'd been asleep for a while. Max's heart warmed at the thought of how happy Millie would be to see Ella tomorrow.