Kinn

I just stared at the envelope of money in my hands. Did he just yell at me over this?! How dare he?! Did he forget I was his boss??

But I looked at the envelope again, and his words came to mind. Maybe I had jumped the gun. He didn't ask me for the money after all.

I sighed and kept the money away, painfully aware that he was prolly fuming now.

The next day, I got dressed and ready. I had a bunch of back to back meetings, so I grabbed my phone and gun and went down. My entourage of guards was already downstairs waiting for me. I saw Big, Ken and Ping.

I just nodded at them, and we headed out. Ken and Big were heading towards one car, and Ping was my designated driver. However, at the last minute, I asked Ping to swap with Big. He nodded. Big took the wheel, and I sat in the front with him.

It was silent for a while as he drove the car. A few minutes later, I looked at Big and muttered, "Sorry about yesterday. I should have asked you if you needed the money and not assumed. I didn't mean to make you feel low. Sorry about that."

Big just looked at me quietly but didn't say a word and just continued driving. Finally we reached our destination. I got out and headed for the meeting. Big stood guard at the entrance whilst Ping joined me, and Ken stood at the back. They usually triangulated their defence strategy, and it usually worked.

Once we were done, I asked the boys to just go back as I was going to meet Sun, my boytoy. The guys nodded and all piled into the other car.

I took off and was driving along the expressway when I spotted a car closely following me. I sighed. It must be someone that I had offended. I quickly called my guards whilst I continued driving. I tried to brake to make a right turn when I realized the folly. Someone must have tampered with the brakes whilst I was at the meeting as it wasn't working. Shit. I kept the car at a steady speed and continued going straight ahead whilst I waited for back up. The car that had been following me was gone. I guess his job was to just make sure that my brakes had indeed failed. I was a sitting duck!

A few minutes later, a car whizzed by and maintained the same speed as me. I looked over and realized it was Big and Ken.

"Maintain at 60. I am going to jump over okays?"

I looked at Big and nodded my head. He managed to get on top of my car and slid into the car via the back seat. He climbed into the passenger seat and switched with me as he put his foot on the brake and hands on the steering wheel whilst he asked me to jump out. I was hesitant to do so as that meant he was stuck in the car. How was he going to get out?

"Jump out now!" I quickly nodded my head, grim, knowing this wasn't going to end well. I jumped into Ken's car successfully. We stopped as we watched Big drive the car straight towards the river bridge. At the very last minute, he veered the car towards the bridge and let it fly over as he jumped out.

We both got out of the car and ran towards him. Big stood up shakily, having suffered some bruises and cuts but was definitively alive otherwise.

He looked at me and all he asked was, "You ok, Sir?"

I just grabbed him quickly in a hug, thankful that he was alive. I wasn't the most nicest guy but that didn't mean I wanted anything to happen to my boys. And this fellow here was this close to death.

I held onto him tightly for a while before letting go, to a red faced Big and turned around to an equally stumped Ken. I just barked gruffly at them to leave and they quickly scampered after me.

Whereas me, I was still stunned over what I had done. Jesus fucking christ.