Big

As we went back to the Manor, my mind flitted over 2 things. One was the hug. The other was how the brakes got tampered with when we were there?

I kept pondering over it. I realized at one point of time, Ping had relieved me to stand guard whilst I had gone to the toilet. I looked over at Ping. Could it be possible? Could he have been that careless, or did he tamper with the brakes?

I didn't say anything and kept my suspicions to myself, wanting to look into it more. Once we got back to the Manor, we all separated. I was going to go back to my room to get some Intel from a guy I knew on Ping when Kinn stopped me.

"Get the wounds checked out, OK? Don't sit on it."

I looked at him and recalling the hug again. I was so caught up in wanting to investigate Ping that I had almost forgotten about Kinn and even my wounds. I nodded at him, promising to do so. He just nodded at me and was about to leave when I stopped him.

"Sir.."

"Yes?"

I was wondering if I should share my concerns but decided to find more evidence before doing so. Kinn was awfully protective of us, and there's no way in hell he would believe that one of his most trusted aides could have tried to kill him. I realized Kinn was still looking at me curiously.

I shook my head, citing nothing and apologised for wasting his time. He just cocked his eyebrows at me but left quietly.

I went back and spoke to my guy, asking him for some intel on Ping. He promised to get back to me within 3 days. I nodded. Meanwhile, I slipped out, quietly heading back to the meeting venue. I walked around the place, scouting it quietly. I looked for any evidence that could have been possibly left behind by the perpetrators.

I was walking around when I spotted something on the floor. I quickly pocketed it using my handkerchief. I always carried one just in case. I looked at it closely. It was a black beaded bracelet, the kind that Ping wore. I sighed but decided to hold on. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

The next 2 days, I quietly observed Ping. He was often on the phone and spoke in low hushed tones. We all always assumed it was his girlfriend, but now I had a slightly better notion.

On the 3rd day, my guy called me back with Intel. He said Ping was the cousin of this drug lord we were loggerheads with. He had deliberately joined us as a guard when he was about to enter the scene. His intention was to keep an eye on us whilst plotting for Kinn's death. I gripped my hands angrily as I heard more.

I grabbed my gun and went stomping to the guards room. There, Ping was sitting down there gaily chatting with Ken and the other guards. I went straight up and threw a punch at his face. I have always been a hot-tempered fellow, and now I was on a rampage.

I started punching him whilst the rest tried to separate us. But nobody could stop us! Not until Kinn came rushing in, and he pulled me away, slapping me once in my face!

I stared, stunned at him.

"What do you think you are doing?"

"He. He's an asshole. He's a double crossing fucking liar!"

"Watch your words Big. I have been here with this family even before you. Who the hell do you think you are to accuse me?"

I turned to Ping, my eyes glittering. I took out the bracelet I had found and threw it on his face. It clattered onto the floor, creating an even larger echo in the already silent room. Kinn looked at it and narrowed his eyes. I took out the forensics report I had run on it for prints. I threw that report on Ping's face, too, which clearly indicated his fingerprints plus traces of engine oil that was suitable for the cars we drove.

I finally threw the report I had gathered on Ping and his family tree on his face. It all started sinking in slowly. Ping gripped his hands tightly and ran forward to punch me, but Kinn tripped him and took out his gun, coldly shooting him in the knees.

Ping's wretched cries rang out.

"Bundle this double crossing liar and throw him at his cousin's place." Kinn uttered softly. The boys nodded and proceeded to do so.

I stepped back, my anger slowly dissipating, and I sunk into a chair, feeling extremely disappointed in Ping for cheating us all these years. Even though I had called out on him, he was still one of my closer friends, and it tore at my heart to do so.

Kinn watched me closely. He just walked away quietly, but before doing so, he just patted me softly on my shoulders and left.

I knew he was no mouse. He was a sleeping lion who was going to unleash hell soon on that drug lord and we were all going to be just bystanders.