Chapter 2: Shanghai - The Legend of Ladydragon Part 1

Marinette narrates how Sapphire and Cat Noir must protect the city from Hawk Moth. During the summer vacation, she  learns that Vanitas is going to Shanghai to see you and get you home and wants to follow him there since he couldn't attend the group picnic that same day.This might be the perfect day to express herself her redemption towards you these last half a year.

Vanitas was happy to stay away from Yuki before she nags him.

In the bakery, Marinette arrives and Sabine realizes that the package she's holding won't get delivered in time. Marinette knows that her great-uncle, Wang Cheng lives in Shanghai which means you too. So she asks her parents if she can go to Shanghai to deliver his 60th birthday gift personally and then decided to retrieve you upon your return, stumbling over her words, tripping over a box and almost letting her true intentions (visiting Adrien), slip.

Her mother is ecstatic that her daughter's going to live up to her family's traditions and asks Marinette to take the box to her uncle Wang for his 60th birthday so it arrives on time and bring you home. Tom excitedly hands over enough money to get her there but says that she'll have to go herself on such short notice.

{~With (Y/n)~}

Yang drove you to Uncle Cheng and greet him with a bow. Cheng bows back and pats your pervy cousin before he offer to drive you two at the airport where Marinette will arrive.

As soon as she arrives her smile drops and was taken a back freaking out by your appearance.

That new look on you was making her speechless

That new look on you was making her speechless. Your hair was flowing long and you wore an over shoulder purple dress that match your high thigh boots with blue ribbons.

Her jaw remains drop to the ground when you turn around, never greeting her with a handshake or anything. You just head to the car waiting for Yang to hop in with you. Marinette felt a sting in her chest and barely could feel the deep sadness and she really felt like she's not ready to face you.

In Wang Cheng's car he drives along the streets of Shanghai, Yang sits in the middle while you just stare at the rode.

"What a joy to see you girls again, I'm so happy you've finally made the trip!" Wang expresses his excitement.

"Yes, it's a good thing, and this way you'll get your present on time." Marinette looks in the back

"You and (Y/n)'s visit is my present, Marinette. Your mother told me that you wanted to connect with your roots, and that's the happiest you can make me. The restaurant had a lot of guests planned for this week, but I cancelled everything! I took a vacation for the first time since..." Wang smiles before he crestfallen in realization. " since your mother moved to France..."

"There's no need to repay, Uncle." You assured.

"Of course I did, family is sacred!"

"It seems your English accent has  improved a lot since you last came to Paris." You notice.