Chapter 24: Ephemeral

Moolak, the akumatized form of Bob Roth, converts people into coins and storing them in his safe.

Just then, Ryuko uses her lightning power on the safe but is unable to break it. It is shown that Ladybug, along with Ryuko, Pegasus, Vesperia, Pigella, Purple Tigress, King Monkey, Carapace, Viperion, and Polymouse are fighting against Moolak. Ryuko says that it is impossible to enter the safe without opening its door.

During the conference, Adrien is watching everything unfold in the building while Nathalie coaches him through an earpiece when the battle above the building distracts him.

You swing your sword at Moolak while Polymouse distracts him by using Multitude. Vesperia who is then protected by Carapace's Shell-ter allowing her to safely paralyze Moolak, with help of Venom. Viperion uses Second Chance and rewinds time every time he gets the safe password wrong. After 100 attempts, he cracks the code, takes out the akumatized coin and tosses it to Ladybug.

Ladybug takes the coin and uses Miraculous Ladybug on it and repairs everything back to normal. Adrien watches the Miraculous Ladybug effect from the conference place and the heroes do their signature "Pound It" fist bump.

Back in the sewers, Viperion detransforms into Luka. When he is about to give the Snake Miraculous to Sapphire.

"Thanks, Luka—"

Ladybug reaches for Luka's hand, but Su-Han grabs hers and Sapphire's arm. "This really takes the cake!"

"Grand Master Su-Han?"

Grandmaster Su-Han gets angry. "Nine! You used nine Miraculouses to defeat a single villain, when Cat Noir could have just used his Cataclysm!"

"I had to, Cat Noir was missing!" Ladybug protests that he was unreachable.

"No, he's in a conference and I gotta go." Sapphire gritted his teeth whispering.

"What do you mean missing? You can't just let the holder of the most powerful Miraculous go about as he pleases! What if he started making his own decisions, or act it out? Like Shadow Moth!" Su-Han counters.

The pissed off Sapphire. "Act like Shadow Moth? Wow. Are you blowing this out of proportion just a little?" he rolled his eyes.

"Not at all. In fact, you should find out who Cat Noir really is, so you can have better control over him."

"Are you out of your mind?!" Sapphire snaps. "They can't know unless they mature a bit like real high school idiots! You can't control people!"

"Yeah." Ladybug slowly nodded even though Sapphire called her an idiot. "We can't know our true identities! It would be too dangerous if Shadow Moth got a hold of one of us!"

"I. Don't. Care!!" Su-Han snaps back. "Deal with this problem quickly, otherwise I will take back his Miraculous as soon as he shows a whisker! And I'll choose the new Cat Noir myself!"

Sapphire scoffs. "And what if you knew who he was, would that work?"

Su-Han agrees. " I... I suppose so. But I'm warning you, if you don't succeed..."

"I get it. Cat Noir will be replaced." Ladybug agrees to it. Then, Grandmaster Su-Han hops away out of the sewers.

"Are you two really going to do as he asks?" Luka was not thinking that this was a good idea.

Ladybug groans. " Do we really have a choice in the matter? We can't fight the Celestial Guardian, and we don't want the risk of losing our Cat Noir. I'm gonna need both of you."

"I quit." Sapphire leaves leaving Ladybug gawking at him. "You're idea, not mine. If you found out who Puss in Boots is, you'll be the death of us one day and it's all your fault."