an unusual item

"I had to take all the 40-West desks off the booking system," Sam said when Carl and Alison came to get their adaptors for the day. "That way no one would feel they were being watched when they picked up their item."

"What is this item anyways?" Alison asked, taking an adaptor with star stickers plastered all over it out of the box. "What is it that you can't say it in an email?"

"It's a cock ring," Sam said.

Carl almost choked on his coffee.

"A cock ring?" Alison repeated. "Who the hell is taking a cock ring to the office?"

"I don't think the question we should be asking is who is bringing a cock ring to the office," Carl said. "I think the question we should be asking is why is someone taking a cock ring to the office."

"I think we all know why someone would be bringing a cock ring to the office," Alison said. "I want to know who is bringing it in. I want to know which one of my coworkers is the little freak."

"I guess I'm surprised because there's so few of us here," Carl said. "And because it's always so boring. Maybe Mondays are the only boring days. Maybe it's a party on the other days."

"No, it's boring every day," Sam said.

"Maybe they're bringing the cock ring in because it's so boring," Alison said.

"I guess," Carl said. "Was it found in the men's or the ladies'?"

"The gender-neutrals," Sam said.

"That makes sense," Alison said. "They're single-use and have those floor-to-ceiling doors. Very private. I wonder if it was a solo session or a duet."

"They weren't necessarily doing anything inappropriate," Sam said. "They might have just forgotten it there with their adaptor."