passing notes/found?

Do you really keep all my notes?

"I do," Carl wrote. "I know it sounds weird, and maybe a bit psychologically unwell, but I didn't know what to do with the notes after I read them. I knew I couldn't leave them here, and I didn't trust throwing them away in the office, so I brought them home. Then when I got home, it felt wrong to throw them out. So I kept them. What do y—"

Someone knocked on the bathroom door. It started Carl. In all the time he had been writing notes, no one had ever knocked on the door. It was hard to believe that all the other gender-neutrals were occupied.

"Hold on!" Carl yelled at the door.

He finished writing the note, then flushed the toilet and washed his hands so it didn't sound like he was in the bathroom doing nothing, or, worse, using a cock ring or a vibrator.

He opened the door and came face to face with his coworker, Jason.

"Carl!" Jason exclaimed, looking confused. "I didn't expect to see you in here!"

"Oh, yeah," Carl said, flustered. "I usually come in on Mondays, but I have a thing this afternoon nearby and came in today."

"Oh, OK," Jason said. "Well, um, OK. Maybe I'll see you later then."

"Yeah, yeah," Carl said, negotiating his way out as Jason made his way in.

"Bye," Jason said, closing the door.

Carl looked back at the door, then at the other gender-neutrals. They were all empty.