02.

Ψ 𝐀𝐧 𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 Ψ

"𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐢-𝐆𝐨𝐝..." I heard from right behind me.

I quickly snapped my head up from my wrist and saw the security officer standing there and turned around as she scanned me up and down.

"Look lady, I'm sorry if I was maybe too close to the artwork okay?" I tried to reason with her as I looked behind her seeing the door closed shut.

She continued staring at me as I saw her skin begin to flake off like dried up skin and I grimaced at the sight of it as I saw that underneath wasn't normal human skin it was...blackish grey...almost like scales yet...furry?

"Okay...maybe you need to see someone about that ma'am?" My throat closed shut with fear as suddenly she peeled away practically the bottom half of herself and morphed into a spider.

"What the hell!?" I screamed out in terror.

She crawled over to me as I backed away and panted and suddenly started speaking in Spanish, which I normally did at random times "¡Vete! ¡Vete ya!"

I tried telling it even though in my mind I knew it wasn't gonna happen as it stared at me.

Yes I called It an 'It' deal with it.

It was as if spider-girl was actually half girl, half spider.

I went into my pocket stabbing it with my keys and heard them cry out in pain and I thought I would have made an easy escape as I tried to get away but she had freaking spider legs!

She grabbed my leg and I said "stay away!"

I tried kicking it until I noticed I was being wrapped up in webbing and I shook my head shouting "stay away!"

But as I said that the toilets and sinks bursted and water began filling the room.

I realized it was toilet water and in realizing that I had to shut my mouth and not get any of it in.I started walking to the door as I tried messing with the knob but it wouldn't open.

"Somebody! Please, I need help!" I shouted and tried pulling with the smallest muscles I had.

But as I turned back I saw the spider woman getting closer as I shouted at the top of my lungs "leave me alone!"

The second I screamed water struck her against the wall and I saw the room filling up with water as I panicked trying to open the door but within the moment of worry, panic and stress all I could do was actually faint.

***

I didn't know what happened to me that day, I still don't but I could only assume from what I saw, I thought I was dying. My eyes felt heavy but I managed to blink a few times to adjust to the new setting I was in.

I was laying in a bed in a hospital, tubes in my nose as my whole body ached so much, my head was pounding, everything was in pain. I tried to move my head the slightest bit looking to my right seeing my mom sitting as she held my hand while she repeated a prayer in spanish.

My mom taught me Spanish growing up, it was a part of our culture being from Latin America specifically Ecuador.

I groaned as my mom saw me and she didn't even need me to say words before she shouted "my daughter is awake!"

Nurses rushed in as I was helped to sit upright in the bed as I winced  as I adjusted myself and the doctor asked me "how do you feel kid?"

I admitted "like crap."

My mom looked at me sternly and the doctor chuckled at my response "don't worry, I've heard that a lot. It was quite the scene you came from, you miraculously survived."

Looking down at my arms all bruised up and he said "I will give you and your mother a minute." He walked out the door from the room and I turned to my mom.

"Mom...I saw it again, but this time it was from afar, it was so real!" I blurted out "it was as if spider girl was actually half spider, half girl! It was a real Spidergirl!"

She looked at me with a concerned look so I asked her "you believe me right?

She held my hand that had my bracelet on as she cried. I gulped slowly as she cried out "I thought something worse would happen."

She cried holding my hand and thanking the lord over and over again and i began tearing up. Growing up wasn't easy for my mom and I. She actually ran from home at 15, her dad abused her and her mom wasn't around that much.

And then when she finished college she had me...and she doesn't tell me I'm a mistake even though I tell her it's okay because I was definitely unplanned. But she made sure to give me the life she wasn't given. One where I know what love is, what it feels like, to embrace and enjoy the feeling of being a kid.

But I started growing up once I was 10 when I saw my moms first time when she was alone and crying to herself and arguing about my dad, she told me about him only once.

They went out for a bit and after a few weeks she found out she was gonna have me. They met funny enough in Washington Square Park. And they would always meet there. But then the day it rained as she vividly told me he wasn't there and he never came back.

I once wanted to know all about him, now I could care less if he showed up on my front door step right now. But because of him ever since I was 10 I would see my mom cry and suffer just because of him, all alone so she could keep up the facade of a powerful mom to me.

But I knew I had to take care of her as well and because of that I hate him.

"Mom it's okay...I'm okay." She looked up at me and wiped her tears away instantly and laughed "my little miracle is always gonna survive anything huh?"

She leaned in for a hug and I held her arms as I frowned to myself and rubbed her back gently with my hand trying to calm her down.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Another chapter down guys!

It's gonna take some time to get to
Camp Half Blood but don't worry it's coming!