21.

Ψ 𝐇𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡 Ψ

𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐧 𝐣𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐲 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧, "I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! That's why I'm both your protector and best friend! I knew it!" Damien shouted as he began dancing around me and I rolled my eyes.

"It's not possible!" I blurted out as he shook his head.

"It's possible. It's called having a crush and boy is it radiating off you more than anything ever!" He pointed out and I shook my head.

I played with my bracelet and huffed leaning back on a tree and he told me "Finally I've been waiting for this day. I can't wait to talk about this with your mom during our coffee talks!"

He rubbed his hands together as I looked at him and widened my eyes as he stopped and laughed out "not like we do that..."

Damien began walking away as I followed him "let's say I did like Luke. Not like I do. He's all the way up there and I'm so far down here."

I tried to explain using my hands having one all the way to the sky for Luke and the other facing the ground for myself.

"Plus, there are so many other beautiful girls! Like what of Aphrodite's children! They're all cute and charming right?" He smirked and shrugged.

"And what? Luke isn't the type of guy that just goes for some girl that's pretty and cute, not that you aren't. Really the last girl I believe he liked was from what I heard from a rumor was Thalia. Daughter of Zeus." My jaw dropped at that revelation.

"Y-you're serious?" I stuttered and he simply nodded as I sat down and gulped, running my hands through my hair.

"If that rumor is even a smidge true then I'm in competition with the daughter of Zeus. The god of all gods. And here I am a daughter of someone I don't even know of!" He groaned at my words.

He held my shoulders and looked at me, "You're stressing out too much! Just calm down and realize if you just simply talk to Luke, you will see he may like you for you, a very great, smart, annoying, artistic, annoying girl that happens to be my best friend."

I slapped him and his face went to the right, and he scoffed, touching his cheek and he smiled.

He hugged me and I whined as I wrapped my arms around his waist, and he rubbed my back, and he stood up reaching for my hand as I took his.

"You're crushing on Luke. Well at least now you admit it."

I glared at him, and he smiled and began counting with his fingers "first you give him a nickname, then you hug him, now you're drawing him in your sleep possibly. All signs point to this little head and heart, you have a huge crush!"

I turned my head his way and reached for him as he bolted trying to get past what I would've done to him.

***

After my conversation with Damien all I could do was hideout until I headed back to the cabin and slept it off. Only to see Luke in my dreams with his fluffy brown curly hair, his brown...eyes that remind me of chocolate...his smirk now a smile whenever-

Oh crap.

I was alone as I practiced my acrobatics which is mainly a mix of tumbling and my flexibility tricks. That usually got my mind off anything that was stressing me out.

As I stood up from the ground and ran practicing my front aerial. I almost missed my balance, so I reached for the ground instead just doing a quick front walker over and I huffed.

The trick was hard when I was back home, and it still is. So instead, I thought perhaps I needed more momentum, so I stepped back and ran forward and finally set myself for the trick.

I went into the approach I would do for a front walkover without hands, and I began flipping in the air as I kept looking at the ground hoping I wouldn't mess up.

I felt my first foot touch the ground. I lifted my arms up with my arms up and laughed and held my arms in the air with my hands as fists, "I did it! I did it!" I shouted in both shock and excitement.

"Well, I see that you did."

I screamed and jumped turning around seeing Luke standing there with his hands up on both sides of his head as I held my hand to my chest freaking out.

"Luke! God, you could've given me a heart attack what the hell!" I screamed at him as he looked at me with an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry to scare you, I was just walking, and I saw you here and...I don't know I got scared?" He tried to find an excuse as to why he was just standing there and that kinda scared me for how long he did that.

My throat closed not knowing what to say just because of what had happened just the other day where I completely embarrassed myself in front of him.

"Is Chris, okay?" I asked him because I had yet to find out if he was alright after the strange water incident.

"Yeah, I mean all of us were in shock...seeing that cup just explode with water out of nowhere. What did you think of it?" He asked, nudging his head.

My shoulders shrugged because I was just as confused and terrified in the moment of what had occurred. It was confusing and I did feel guilty even though what did I do? I didn't splash water on him.

He walked closer to me and said, "Chris doesn't blame you, he just got annoyed that he got wet, but it was just water nothing serious." He laughed out and I smiled and began walking away trying to make a quick escape as suddenly he brought up "those drawings..."

I stopped in my tracks, and it felt like my feet were glued to the floor and I just couldn't run away.

"I'm flattered you drew me."

I slowly turned around as we stared at one another about 5 feet apart just...looking at one another.

Deep down I wanted it to last, forever.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

They're so cute.

A young romance, I wonder what Hayleys mom would think of him?