10.

Ψ 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐌𝐲 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐬!? Ψ

𝐋𝐮𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐩.

We walked around as Luke, and I made it to the archery range and he smirked looking at the other kids shooting arrows. He looked at me and I looked back and forth from the archery range to him and shook my head.

"Hell no. I'm not doing that!" He dragged me over by my arm as I groaned trying to dig my feet into the ground "don't knock it till you try it!"

He yanked me harder, and I wasn't that strong, and he dragged me over and began getting the gear on my hands and arms. "I'm not gonna be good at this, wanna know my experience? A plastic toy!"

He sighed and handed me the bow and placed it in my hands "just try it."

I looked at him and shoved it back and he shoved it back at me grabbing an arrow.

"Fine. But if someone's head goes off, not my problem."

I saw him roll his eyes and I tried my best to prepare the arrow and looked over to the target and I held up the arrow and pulled it back trying to aim and let it go and it shot over and missed.

"See." I bluntly spoke turning to him.

He grabbed another arrow saying, "don't think about it, let it flow naturally."

I grabbed the arrow and mixed it up onto the bow bringing it back and looked at just the target and let it hit the target, not well but it did.

Luke appeared beside me saying "see, second try."

I told him "So what? This proves nothing, just proves I can shoot an arrow. Not good at all."

"It's gonna just take a few steps but this is just step one."

We stared at each other, and I just nodded saying "yeah, whatever."

After trying out archery for a bit I stopped. I just didn't find it normal, so when it was lunch time, I was sitting on my own eating some food my mom had packed for me as I drew in my sketchbook. I was sitting peacefully on my own as I saw two figures appear in front of me.

I looked up seeing Luke and his friend saying "hey..."

He nodded and pointed to his friend, "Chris this is Hayley, Hayley, this is Chris. My brother, you remember him from back in the cabin."

I nodded and looked up at him as he smiled at me and saw my food "de dónde eres?"

Chris asked where I was from, and I replied with a smile "Soy de Ecuador pero nací en Nueva York."

He seemed to smile and asked me "Me das uno?"

Regarding my tortillas my mom packed, and I gave him one as Luke stared at the both of us "what?"

Luke seemed confused and Chris laughed "you never told me she could speak Spanish."

They both sat in front of me, and Luke shrugged "didn't think I needed to."

Chris turned back to me asking me "I'm impressed. I heard about the new girl calling out for her mom, you were talking about it in Spanish, weren't you?"

I looked at him and nodded quickly "yeah exactly!"

He pointed at me saying "so that's why people said you shouted mommy!"

I bit my bottom lip nodding to his words as he shook his head "ignore them, they're just upset they can't do any of that."

My smile grew on my face as Luke looked at him and they seemed to be talking telepathically somehow, I'm not even sure but maybe it's that bro thing I've heard of in school about boys. They looked like they were arguing till they both turned back to me and smiled.

"You, okay?" I asked, raising an eyebrow as they both nodded.

Chris broke in half the tortilla and said "ahhh, so where are you from? Venezuela?"

I shook my head "Ecuadorian."

He nodded and they both bit into it and Chris nodded munching on it as Luke looked up at me "it's good."

We both looked at him if he were insane. "Seriously dude?"

Luke and Chris went into that bro mode again of just fighting and arguing with their faces and no speech, behind them I saw Damien walking and I smiled waving at him as he waved back and suddenly Luke asked me "why are you waving at him?

I explained "didn't you know? He's my protector, and my only friend here."

He looked at me and asked, "I thought I was your friend too?"

My eyes looked up to him as I said, "I didn't know that...if you hadn't noticed I'm not great with the friend thing."

I saw Chris turning away so I just said "well...that's great then. I'm just not used to having friends so easily. Mainly because if I turn to the side and 'claim' I see a Pegasus they all just start laughing and walk off."

Chris chuckled under his breath, and he suddenly shouted "OW!" He looked at Luke as he turned to me with a sincere look.

"Don't mind Chris, he's an idiot most of the time" Chris rolled his eyes and I stood up "sorry, I've gotta run."

Making my exit rather quickly I walked over to Damien and grabbed his arm pulling me away "hey, hey, hey!"

Damien pulled his arm away asking me "you just hurt me, how rude."

I rolled my eyes as he looked at me with an amused face. "You're red... what happened?" He asked, smiling with curiosity.

"Nothing, I just...what do you know about Luke? Son of Hermes?" He turned around looking his way as I pretended to look at the tree.

"Are you crushing on Hermes son?" I scoffed at him "not at all! It's just...something. Something that doesn't feel right." I had to admit.

"Is it somewhere...down there?" He asked and I slapped his chest and he gasped and cried.

"She's hitting me!" He exaggerated.

I groaned and he began to laugh and told me "Luke is the best fighter on camp, and one of the more well-known counselors, now if you do not mind, I'm gonna get some food to eat. Don't think about Luke when you're sleeping."

I was about to grab his neck, but he ran off before I could, and I huffed and growled turning back and heading to the cabin.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Damien seems to think Hayleys teenage girl hormones activated.

What do we think about Hayley and how she feels?

Surely she can't already be crushing on a guy for less than a day, can she not?