04.

Ψ 𝐌𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐦 𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐑𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 Ψ

𝐀𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐦, 𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞, somehow my mom was able to convince the doctors I was okay I saw my mom packing a duffel bag as Damien told her "she doesn't need much its okay."

But she glared at him and with my mothers stare it would already fear induce so he shut up and walked over to me.

"You have a nice small apartment...your mom is very-how do you say it? Protective?" He tried to put it into words.

I just nodded and put my clothes into my bag and asked "how could my mom not know?" I turned my whole body around to face him "you were extremely shocked to see her so surprised. Why?"

Rubbing the back of his neck and he laughed awkwardly as I crossed my arms "I can wait. I'm going with you aren't I?"

He nodded slowly and explained to me "well...your mom should've been told. All mortal parents about to birth a Demi-God are informed. To help them understand that one day they have to let go. Or else they become like your mother."

Glaring at him made him recognize not to speak of my mom in that way so he just pressed his lips together understanding that I wanted him to shut up.

I saw my mom making food we had made, leftovers from her birthday. She wanted to cook a whole Ecuadorian meal that consisted of a lot of pork, bread and corn to make delicious dishes. And now she was giving the majority for me to take.

Damien grabbed one of the empanadas as my mom slapped it out of his hand making him drop it and pull away wincing.

"Ma..." I let out as she continued packing my bag.

"She's giving me the food that she won't be able to eat." I brought up

At that moment it sounded like an insult "you eat that much?"

I turned my head to look at him as he again pressed his lips together and turned around.

"Mom you don't have to do this-," She shook her head at my words, ignoring me.

She usually did this, so she wouldn't start crying or screaming at me, I was okay with it. I held her arm and rubbed her back as she looked at me and gave me her smile.

The smile I inherited, I looked like a replica of my mom some people that knew us would say, the dark brown straight hair, the darkest brown eyes you could have however I had lighter skin than her and some small little faint freckles on my nose.

Maybe that's something I got from my dad? But I didn't care I just was happy that my mom was gonna be here for me even if what she had to do she didn't want to.

She zipped up my luggage and turned her head and nodded slowly "All packed." She finished setting down the black duffel bag as I grabbed my backpack off the bed and turned to Damien.

"Look I know this isn't what either of you want, that's why we do this when children are 7-12 13 at the latest, the more you stay with your parents the more attached, at camp you will become strong powerful kids. Then no one will mess with you." He finished and I looked back at my mom and she led us both out.

"I parked my car just down the road, we should hurry in case more monsters try to come looking for us." He had to warn as I quickly faced my mom.

"I promise...I'll be okay." I lied straight through my teeth, how was I supposed to know my fate?

She grabbed my hand and kissed it as she looked at my bracelet and smiled "what have I told you is the most important thing in life?"

I blurted out "graduate, get a job, get money and I can take care of you when I'm older?"

She let out a small scoff at my words as I laughed knowing what she meant "the love from a mother...is the strongest love you will ever find because it conquers all. That's all you need. Protect the people you love."

She smiled and kissed the top of my head and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her as I began thinking over these last few years. I was essentially dropping everything just to protect my mom, just like I always would.

Didn't matter what you told me my heart will always go back to my mom.

And that was true...till I fell in love.

I pulled away from my mom and looked at her as she looked back at me.

I walked down the steps of the apartment as I waved goodbye as she waved and I walked down the street with Damien.

"You really love your mom..." I turned my head to look at him and nodded.

When we reached his car he shoved everything into the trunk and slammed it shut, having us get into the two front seats. I put on my seatbelt and said "you're not lying right?"

He pointed at his horns and I gave a small nod "so everything, the gods, the mythology about almost anything greek. All of that...is real?" I paused and he let out one breath "yeah."

I faced the window on my right as he tried to say "on the way, I'll explain everything. I promise."

I laughed out "explain everything in an hour car drive? Highly doubt it."

Damien smirked and suggested "believe me, you're gonna be an expert by the end."

With that he put the eys in the car as it started up and we drove off.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Well next up we're on our way to Camp!