03.

Ψ 𝐀 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐲𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐧 Ψ

𝐌𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞, she knows what I like.

It was raining outside, I never enjoyed the rain mainly because it made me...upset and sad. It felt like...something was nagging at me whenever it rained and I couldn't think of what exactly that was.

I saw my mom came back in closing the door with her foot holding a tray of food and helped set up the small table and put the tray on top "good news, you can be discharged tomorrow morning, they just want to make sure that you didn't sustain any further injuries."

A smile appeared on my face as I began eating the jello that was served with my meal.

"Mom..." I let out and she looked at me as I wiped my mouth.

"What I saw...she was a real mom, I swear to you."

She sighed and held my hand, my mom doesn't call me crazy but I would be fine if she did. Today it was so much more vivid and honestly I was kinda scared.

What took us by surprise was a knock at the door, my mom turned her head and I glanced at the direction as my mom let out "come in?"

That's when a guy walked in he had half a goat's body and half a human with horns leaving his head. My mom stood up quickly as I gripped the sheets of the hospital bed.

"You. You're the Demi-God?" They asked and my mom grabbed their shirt and gritted out "Sal de aquí o no dudaré en obligarte."

"Ma!" I shouted as the guy...or goat? He looked over my moms shoulder "what you saw today the Arachne. The spider."

I stared at him confused and stuttered "h-how did you know."

My mom held a good grip on him as I said "ma! Deja." She looked at me and let go of his shirt.

"I'm shocked you two are surprised to see someone like me." He chuckled out and still my mom and I were confused.

"Are we supposed to know you?" I asked questionably as he looked at the both of us.

"How old are you?" He asked and I gave sass that wasn't needed "I don't know...let's say 5. I'm 17."

He seemed like he wanted to say something other than what he was about to say, talk "I...okay. I'm Damien, nice to meet you and you ma'am. I guess I'm your protector for right now."

I asked him "what are you talking about?" He nodded softly and told me "that thing you saw earlier, came from our world."

Still confused as ever I looked at him with the expression of being lost. He huffed and said "who is her father ma'am?"

I widened my eyes as my mom told him "out. Now."

He looked at me "Who is your father?"

With that I simply responded "he left way before I was born, left my mom."

His gaze went back to my mom and that's when it seemed like something struck him as his eyes began going from left to right as if he were thinking and visualizing all at once.

"Really? That's...impossible. I've never heard of, I mean you do have the unclaimed ones. But not at 17."

My mom and I looked at one another as he frowned "nevermind then. But what happened today will continue to happen if you don't come with me."

Seeing how my mom reacted I stopped her before she would've killed him maybe, "mom, let's figure this out."

She looked at him and said to me in Spanish "esta loco este pendejo!"

I stared at her and asked "So am I a crazy mom?" She looked at me and I laughed out "look at his legs mom."

I pointed down as she looked at his obviously inhuman legs, "none of this is crazy. I mean it is. But...yeah."

Quickly turning back to the guy named Damien I said "I'm Hayley."

He gave me a quick nod explaining to us, "we may not have much time so let me sum it up quickly. You're a demi-god. How do I know? Great question. I found your scent when I was in town and I heard about an incident at the MET where funny enough, just the other day another Demi-God had a similar one except it involved Furies not Arachne's. Anyways, if they are able to sense you now, they're gonna keep coming, any sort of monster from our world. The only place your safe is at Camp."

I looked at him asking "what about my mom?"

He glanced at her for a second but came back to my own eyes "your mom is mortal. She can't go through. But it's not goodbye. You can see your parents, but for right now it's crucial we get you there right now. Your scent is lingering and more monsters could come at any point."

My mind was everywhere at that very second trying to process all this information and I said "will my mom be safe if I go?" He gave me a quick nod and I knew my choice once he answered that.

"Mami tengo que ir." I told her in Spanish that I had to go but she shook her head.

"Mom...it'll keep you safe and like he said it'll protect you and no monsters will come for me or you. And you will know where I am. Please mom." I begged looking at her even though I was unsure myself of going.

She looked at Damien as he stood there and I shut my eyes and told my mom "ma, tengo que hacer esto."

The only thing in my life I told myself I would keep is to protect my mom, and I will continue to do that no matter what it takes.

"We can stop by your home first to pack a bag for you to take. If you want?" He suggested and my mom quickly nodded as she said "we're gonna have to get out and I'm gonna have to lie so get changed and meet me at the front desk."

She left the room and I felt my heart drop into my stomach as I heard Damien explain "I'm not sure how it's possible to not have been found for 17 years. That's a rare occurrence but I can assure you I will explain everything in greater detail on the way."

I nodded and he helped me over to the bathroom and I grabbed my clothes to change.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Looks like we may see Camp Half Blood!