17.

Ψ 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 Ψ

𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐩 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬, I've been having loads of fun.

Finally getting a letter back from my mom that went like this.

This...goat Damien is a very sweet boy. I hope you enjoy the chumals I made. Eat them well, I hope you are having fun and remember if you start feeling stuff for a boy tell me or if you are growing into the phase of telling your mom nothing that's also fine. Just wear protection, please, that's all I ask.

Te amo, Mom.

Yeah, my mom is insanely blunt and direct. But I love her too much to judge. I had been hearing more about the boy who was claimed in two days. As a Latina it is my duty to get the chisme from wherever it may come from. Chisme means gossip if you couldn't catch on.

Percy Jackson, 12 years old, Son of the Storm bringer, Earthshaker Poseidon.

I'd been mostly hearing this from the unclaimed population of Hermes cabin. All of them either annoyed or pissed off a kid who was claimed in under 2 days and they have waited years. During a game of capture the flag, he was claimed, and everyone saw. A forbidden child was here and now he was out there trying to go after Hades for stealing the bolt and Percy having to take the blame.

"So, Zeus wants to kill a kid just because he thinks he stole his bolt? Without...any evidence?" I asked both Luke and Chris as they nodded in unison.

I stood up from the rock as Luke went ahead to take a break and it was Chris vs I.

"He's a kid, he barely knows how to be outside by himself, let alone steal the most dangerous and powerful weapon ever in Greek mythology." I complained as Chris tried lunging at me, but I stopped him and shoved him back.

Luke explained, "now he's trying to make up for it by actually going to find the bolt and to save his mom."

I huffed and I aimed at Chris, but he was able to stop me, and we spun around now ending up on the opposite sides from the start.

"God, if I were in that kid's situation, I'd go in there trying to kill Hades. Even if I couldn't." Chris grabbed my arm as I grabbed his hand that wielded his sword and kicked his legs from underneath him as he fell to the ground, and I held my sword to his neck as he looked up at me.

"Well, it seems that student will one day become the teacher." Luke noted and we high fived.

He helped Chris up from the ground when we suddenly heard "I'd like to give it a shot."

Luke and I turned around as Chris looked ahead and we saw Clarisse with her posse as she wielded a staff in her hand looking at me.

"Knock it off Clarisse." Luke seemed adamant but I said "fine."

Both Chris and Luke looked at me as if I were insane and Luke stopped me and whispered, "you're getting good, but Clarisse isn't an easy challenge." He warned.

My eyes met his and reassured him "I know what I am doing alright?" I whispered and he stared at me concerned and I moved his hand away approaching Clarisse.

"Why do you dislike me so much? I haven't done anything. Unless you're...insecure." I asked with a smile and her grin instantly faded as she approached me.

"Oh, and you're not? Moping around with Luke about how you miss your mommy, what are you 5?"

I approached her again "no, I have a mother who loves me. Can't say the same for your dad, can we?"

She glared at me saying "you shouldn't be talking, at least my dad knows I exist, he's not just playing pretend."

I just stared at her as suddenly she struck my stomach and I gasped, stepping back, and stumbled to regain my balance. But once I did, I stopped her staff from aiming straight for my head and I kicked her stomach, and she groaned stepping back.

From there I wasn't sure how I was able to go up against Clarisse, even though I had to admit that she scared me even if she was younger. Being the daughter of Ares already gave her an edge and me?

She was right...my dad...doesn't care.

But because I was so in my thoughts, she took her shot, and my sword left my hand and I looked at her as she struck my face, and I landed on the ground with my chest hitting the floor. I winced and felt my brow bone seeing blood on my hand as I quickly turned around and saw her holding her staff as she screamed holding her staff high up about to probably kill me.

I didn't hear any sort of squish or pain on me. I heard a loud clunk, and I opened my eyes looking up seeing Luke in front of me as Clarisse was forcing her staff away with his sword "enough Clarisse!"

She grunted as suddenly we heard "what is going on!" Chiron's voice echoed throughout the entire camp.

Clarisse pulled away quickly and Luke turned around and helped me up as he looked at my face and he stared at the cut on my eyebrow "I'm fine." I tried to tell him, but he knew it wasn't true.

I felt his hand on my face, and I wasn't sure if I was red-

I definitely was red like a tomato.

But he held my face just staring at me with concern and worry.

"What happened here?" Chiron asked infuriated as Chris had said "Clarisse challenged Hayley but took it too far."

Clarisse shook her head as Chiron approached me and I said, "I'm sorry Clarisse."

She seemed shocked along with Luke and I said, "I don't know why you dislike me but for whatever reason it may be, I'm sorry alright?"

I groaned and pushed Luke away as I left the training grounds.

As I tried cleaning my wound on my eyebrow, thankfully it wasn't as bad as I thought. But it still may leave a scar for all I know. As I tried dabbing it carefully, I suddenly heard the door open and steps inside the cabin.

I turned around seeing Damien and he frowned looking at me.

I felt my throat close as he walked over and hugged me, I let out a long sigh hugging him back and he said, "I heard what happened, it's gonna be alright." He assured me as I nodded, holding onto him tightly.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Well it seems a lot happened in just a short amount of time.

What could possibly happen next?