27.

Ψ 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐆𝐨𝐝 Ψ

𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐮𝐬, everyone at camp arguing there could only be one way to stop it all. To keep peace and not let anyone choose sides. And hopefully and possibly no war will come.

But still everything at camp was different, the way everyone acted. It made me worry.

I was with Damien as I kicked my legs on the dock and spoke out of nowhere "I need to find my dad."

He turned his head to me as he ate food asking "uhh why all of a sudden?"

My head turned to him, and he smiled at me "because if what Chiron says is true and chaos may ensue. I need to figure out who my dad is. And...I've had enough of not getting answers. He needs to fill in the gaps that I can't fill. Why get my mom pregnant for starters?"

Damien laughed, shaking his head, and looking back up at me.

Suddenly he decided to bring up ""You know... you never told me what happened the night of the bonfire with you and Luke."

I looked away as I heard him scoot closer to me.

"What happened?" He whispered in my ear giggling like a kid.

"Nothing happened!" I shouted as he looked at me and shook his head "no...I can smell it that you're lying."

I scoffed at him saying "that's not even a thing!"

He shrugged at my response and got up clicking his hoofs "please! I need some details! Gossip! I won't tell because as your best friend I cannot."

I pursed my lips together, already getting annoyed as I crossed my arms and let out "we may have...kissed."

His hoofs clacked against the wooden dock as he shouted "finally! It's real! God I've been waiting for this moment to finally shake you and hug you!"

He grabbed my shoulders and shook me violently as I yelped holding his forearms and he hugged me next but without notice he missed a step letting out a, "Oh no."

I screamed as we fell into the water and we both swam up to the surface. I groaned and he laughed as I reached my hand out the water but out of nowhere a huge tunnel of water came out from the side and charged right for Damien.

We both saw the water aim right at him as he was splashed, and he wasn't on the surface anymore.

"Damien!" I shouted and I took a deep breath and dunk my head into the water and saw him trying to swim up but failing.

With all my force I swam over to him trying to hold my breath for as long as I could, and he reached for my hand as I latched on and grabbed his wrist, and he grabbed mine back. I swam us back up and we both gasped for air, and I coughed, and he did too.

"That was awesome! Do that again!" He shouted and laughed as I looked at him with a mortified face.

"You could've died! And I didn't even do that!"

He frowned and pouted, crossing his arms. "You take the fun out of everything."

I rolled my eyes and swam over to the dock and lifted myself up from the water and left him in the river and walked away.

I went up to Chiron's office after drying up and changing clothes.

When I walked into his office, I had seen him talking with Mr. D. and he smiled at my appearance.

"Hayley, what a nice surprise, I hope your stay has been good." He chuckled out in surprise, and I smiled while waving my hand.

"Y-yeah it has...Chiron, sir. Uhm...I have a question?" I asked hesitantly.

He chuckled at my words and shook his head "dear, you may simply call me Chiron. What is your question?"

I tucked my hair behind my ear and asked him "my dad. I know you told me that there is no way of figuring this all out. But Chiron. You are the closest things here to them; you take care of us. Mr. D is literally one of them! But you are trusted. All I ask is one chance. Give me something, anything?"

He let out a sigh with a smile on his face walking up to me and stated "so many girls and boys like you have come with the same questions, and unfortunately, I have always given the same response. I simply do not know."

My heart felt an ache at those words. I wanted to know, I wanted to know so bad. It wasn't fair, I wanted to know. But even then, I felt like I should have told him about Percy.

About what he told Luke and I, but I knew it wasn't Clarisse, it couldn't be. Why would it be?

"Anything else dear?" He asked and I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.

"No, I don't think so..." Chiron smiled and nodded, and I turned around walking out of his office and saw Clarisse walking with her friends as she spotted me.

She waved them off and told them, "I'll catch up with you guys later."

I watched her siblings walk off and I looked at her as she grinned looking at me and crossed her arms.

She asked curiously "why were you talking to Chiron?" I gulped and began walking in a different direction.

"It's not like we're friends now, Clarisse." I snapped slightly to myself and to her.

"Coming from a girl whose best friend is her protector." I looked her way as she smirked looking back at me.

I fought back in defense of Damien "his name is Damien, and he happens to be a great best friend. Besides, making friends for me is hard but even then, I wouldn't be friends with a girl who's a bully."

She glared at me, and I glared right back as we fought for dominance between one another. But somehow after what felt like a few minutes she stopped and stepped back.

"Fine. How do I prove to you that I am worthy of being your stupid friend, I don't even understand why I care but, you intrigue me." She let out and those words felt familiar.

I realized why I remembered those words...Luke said those exact same words when we first met.

"Can I trust you?" She laughed and asked, "That's it?"

I just gave her a nod and she thought for a second and looked around "of course you can trust me. Besides, with me on your side imagine you having 2 of the best fighters here at camp?"

I laughed out "Chris told me you got beat by 12-year-old Percy Jackson."

She rolled her eyes and growled out "that little-I'm gonna tear his head off. Both Chris and Percy."

Clarisse made me laugh. I didn't find it weird but comforting. I'm making friends.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

IM GIVING YALL MORE CLARISSE+HAYLEY LIKE YOU WANTED!

Also Hayley's ending line sounds a lot like what Percy Jackson had said-