07.

Ψ 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐆𝐮𝐲... Ψ

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐧, I found Damien speaking with other Satyrs and patted his shoulder watching him turn around and he pulled me closer and said "friends, this is Hayley, I'm her protector and only Satyr friend, she is a new Demi-God. 17 years."

I waved my hand to them and one of them asked "who's your parent?"

My mouth didn't open and I just went mute not knowing what to say as I shrugged "don't know, and don't care. Just here to make sure my mom is okay."

They all turned back to do their own things as I looked at Damien "they seem nice." I spoke with much needed sarcasm.

He laughed and shrugged, "they're the young ones, I'm about 50 years old."

I widened my eyes as he had his arms wrapped around him as he laughed "I know, I do not look a day over 24."

He patted my back telling me "I'll catch up with you soon, explore, enjoy the place alright? And if you ever want to send a small letter to your mom, well...I may or may not go into the city every other day."

My heart skipped a beat hearing that, his smile brightened my day, surely not like I am crushing on Damien but more so...that meant a lot that he considered my emotions and feelings, he had cared while most don't tend to do that and think my mom's and I's relationship is like a newborn and her mother.

Dmaien turned back, shoving the kids away and off they went as I smiled looking over at Hermes cabin, should add on the sign.

'Cabin 11 with some extra unwanted/cared for kids'

I went inside the cabin seeing all the cares eyes gaze my way, I gulped and continued walking inside as I bent down to my bag that laid on the floor seeing girls whispering and giggling at me. I wasn't confrontational at all, ever since I was bullied in Middle School & High School, I just stopped defending myself.

I tried my best to ignore it and found some snacks to eat as I stood up. I grabbed some paper towels and now needed to find a microwave but as I looked up I saw a couple of boys walking towards me. I tried to ignore them but they were in the way leading to the door.

I looked at one of them "may I pass through?"

He stared at me saying "you're the one who came in from last night and the one who screamed for your mom?"

Some of his friends laughed and I tensed up, my throat was closed and he told them "knock it off guys. We all have nightmares here, don't we? Let's not judge something we also do."

They all composed themselves and he turned back to me "they can be jerks, I'm Luke." He introduced himself as I saw his hand reach for mine and I looked at him.

He had dark brown curly hair, brown eyes, a scar running down his face, from his eye to his cheek. I wasn't going to ask at all, it wasn't my business, but it did make me concerned.

"I'm Hayley," I finally let out taking his hand and we shook hands as he introduced "this is Chris."

I smiled, shaking the other guys hand with a darker complexion and slightly longer curlier hair.

"You guys go ahead, I'll catch up." He explained to his friends as they all left the cabin.

"Uhh-you didn't have to do that." I quickly let out.

"Kinda had to, I'm the camp counselor of this cabin, and since you came in last night, ran off this morning, now I must give you my own tour." He quickly whipped.

I mentioned "it's not my fault all of you and your friends laughed at me."

Luke stared at me for a second before speaking "yeah, I'm sorry for my friends-well brothers and sisters I guess you could say. I can assure you all of them have woken up from a nightmare every other night possibly. We all get them, with the occasional dyslexia, ADHD, you get that right?"

I looked at him and for a quick second I realized "yeah, with the add on toppings of severe anxiety sprinkled real good."

He let out a small laugh hearing my words. I don't know why I felt some sort of happiness and a hint of blush appeared on my cheeks. I hadn't felt this feeling since maybe the 7th grade when I got a crush on a boy who knew how to play piano and liked a stupid joke I made.

I stared at him and he stared back at me as I mentioned to him "so...what else are you gonna inform me about?"

Luke started in my hands asking me "what is that?"

My eyes gazed back at my hands seeing the tortilla wrapped in paper towels, "it's a food my mom makes...it's special to our culture. And it's delicious. Know where I could heat this up?"

He smirked and nodded as he nudged his head out the door and I followed him.

We walked to the small microwave in Chiron's office. He grabbed the bread and put it inside as I set it for 2 minutes.

"Your mom makes you that, huh?" Luke asked again, I looked at him and nodded softly.

"It's a comfort food, in my culture it's a staple tortilla. Filled with cheese and corn, we like dairy too much. My mom taught me that our culture is beautiful. With this it...helps me feel like she's still here."

I smiled and thought of my mom, her beautiful smile, her presence could make anyone in the room light up even if on the inside she battled her own demons.

The microwave went off as I carefully pulled it out wincing at the heat "careful" Luke had warned me.

"The key is to eat it fresh." I bit into it and moaned at the taste of cheese filling my mouth as he laughed at me and I looked up at him asking "what?"

He stared at me and opened his mouth to say "nothing at all."

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

How do we all feel about Luke and Hayleys first interaction?

Don't worry they seem just friends now but I promise you that it'll be a lot more than just that.