- 22 -

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Arthur Frederick was searching around the crowd, looking for at least one friend to talk to. So many influencers that he didn't know and others that didn't want to talk to him. He looked over and saw Chris. Thanking whatever god that had made him see his childhood friend. Arthur walked and tapped Chris on the shoulder. The smaller man turned around and grinned at his friend. Chris was visibly intoxicated and becoming more so with each sip of his drink.

"Alright?" He asked Arthur.

"Are you drunk already?" Arthur asked him.

"No.." Chris lied. "Okay yeah I am. Is there any water around here?"

"I'll get you some. Stay here." Arthur made his way towards the bar, his mission clear: to fetch water for his intoxicated friend, Chris. As he weaved through the throngs of people and trying not to push into anyone.

He made it to the bar, the bartender looked at Arthur, concerned and asked him what he wanted.

"Two bottles of water, please." He responded and the bartender nodded. He walked to the fridge and then handed over the waters. Arthur tried to get his card out but the waiter just shook his head.

"Free bar." He told him. Arthur nodded and walked back to Chris.

'So that's how he got so drunk so quickly.' Arthur thought.

He arrived back to Chris and gave him the water he desperately needed. Chris started to chug it back and Arthur shook his head.

"You're gonna be sick mate." Arthur told him, which made Chris stop.

"Okay." Chris nodded.

As Arthur scanned the bustling venue, his gaze swept across the animated crowd, searching for familiar faces. Amidst the crowd of people, he caught sight of Lex, her radiant smile illuminating the space as she stood beside Harry.

A pang of disheartenment washed over Arthur at the sight of them together, a twinge of jealousy tugging at his heartstrings. However, before he could dwell on his feelings, Lex spotted him and beckoned him over with an inviting gesture, her hands gesturing eagerly and her smile infectious. With a mix of hesitation and curiosity, Arthur approached, and Chris tagging along beside him.

"Hi," Lex smiled.

"Hi." Arthur returned her smile.

"Television, what's going on mate?" Harry nodded and referred to the little intoxicated man stood next to Arthur.

"Free bar." Arthur laughed.

"Chris you good?" Harry asked him and Chris nodded as he drank more water.