Prologue

Long ago in Japan, there was a secret ninja clan that was called The Foot Clan, and they were the greatest ninjas in all of Japan, if not the whole world. There were two students that were rivals on everything, Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki, they were equal in power and skills, but unlike Hamato Yoshi, Oroku Saki didn't had true honor and had plans to rule the Foot clan, not to mention that he had his eyes on a woman that Hamato Yoshi loved named Tang Shen. The woman of course choose Yoshi, much to Saki's dismay and rage. When Hamato Yoshi and his wife had a baby, the Shen wanted a life in America, but Hamato Yoshi wanted to give the clan a future, which Shen didn't agree with as she always wanted to see the wonders of America. But she would never get the chance, as one night Oroku Saki was determined to make her his own, even if it means killing Hamato Yoshi to do so. The evil ninja started a fire, and he and Yoshi went to fight each other until Shen got caught in the crossfire and ended up getting killed in the process. Saki blames Yoshi for what happened to the woman, and trapped him inside the burning house. Yoshi managed to survive of course, but was framed by Saki about what happened, and the ninja was banished from the clan forever. To honor his wife's wish, he went to America to see what it's like, and he ended up in the city of New York. To feel less lonely, he bought a bowl of four baby turtles from a pet shop, and named them after his favorite painters, Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo. However, when Hamato Yoshi went to an alley, he bumps into a group of robots that dumps a canister of ooze called Mutagen, which covers both Yoshi and his turtles. Once that happened, Hamato Yoshi begins to transform into a mutant rat man while the turtles turned more humanoid turtle mutants. The robots then went after them due to their mutation, so Hamato Yoshi had to make a run for it, while trying to carry the baby mutant turtles. The rat man mutant tried to find a place to hide from the robots, but they managed to find him every time, that is until they went to the sewers, which had thick walls to block the robots' scanners, preventing the robots on finding Hamato Yoshi or the turtles. Knowing that he can't go public anymore due to his transformation, Hamato Yoshi now lives in the sewers, training the turtles to become ninjas to help them defend themselves and something to pass the time as they grew up. Hamato got the nickname (Splinter), from Michelangelo, as he can split wood in half with one chop from his hand. The turtles eventually got weapons, Leonardo got a pair of swords, Raphael got a pair of Sais, Donatello got a bo staff, while Michelangelo got a pair of nunchucks. Eventually the turtles became teenagers and want to see the world above the sewers, which is where this story begins.