The Southern Air Temple

As they fly to the Southern Air Temple Aang looks back at Katara and says "Katara I can't wait for you to see the air temple. It's one of the most beautiful places ever."

Katara concerned for Aang says "Aang, I just want you to prepare yourself for what you might see. A lot can change in 100 years."

"That's why I have to see" Aang says.

Elsewhere at a fire nation naval base at ketu harbor Zuko and his Uncle Iroh walk of their ship.

"I want the repairs to be made as quickly as possible. I dont want to stay to long and risk losing his trial" Zuko says.

"You mean the avatar" Iroh says.

Zuko quickly turns around to his uncle and says "Don't mention his name on these docks! Once word gets out that he's alive, every firebender will be out looking for him, and I don't want anyone getting in the way!"

"Getting in the way of what, Prince Zuko" a man in firenation clothing asks.

"Captain Zhao" Zuko says with distaste.

"It's commander now. And general Iroh. Great hero of our nation."

"Retired general" Iroh says.

"The Fire Lord's brother and son are welcome guests anytime. What brings you to my harbor?"

"Our ship is being repaired" Iroh says.

"That's quite the damage."

Zuko getting nervous says "Yes. You wouldn't believe what happened. Uncle! Tell Commander Zhou what happened."

Iroh: Yes. I will do that. It was incredible! What? Did we crash or something?

Zuko: Yes! Right into ... an Earth Kingdom ship!

Zhao: Really? You must regale me with all of the thrilling details. Join me for a drink?

Zuko: Sorry, but we have to go.

Zhao smiles evilly at him as he starts to walk away, but after a few steps, Iroh place his hand on his shoulder to hold him back.

Iroh: Prince Zuko, show Commander Zhao your respect. We would be honored to join you. Do you have any ginseng tea? It's my favorite.

Appa was flying above the clouds in the Patola Mountain range. Aang and Katara sitting atop Appa's head while Godspeed and Sokka were in the back of the saddle. Sokka clutches his stomach at it growls.

Sokka: Hey, stomach? Be quiet, all right? I'm trying to find us some food.

Sokka starts to go through the luggage and gets out a bag. With his tongue out of his mouth full anticipation, he sticks his hand in the bag and starts to go through it. He looks surprised for a moment as he quickly turns the bag upside down. He holds his gloved hand out as only a few crumbs fall into it.

Sokka: Hey! Who ate all of my blubbered seal jerky?!

Aang: Oh. That was food? I used it to start the campfire last night. Sorry.

Sokka: You what?! No wonder the flames smelled so good.

Appa races past and ascends up to some mountains.

Aang: The Patola Mountain range! We're almost there!

Katara: Aang, before we get to the temple, I want to talk to you about the airbenders.

Aang: What about'em?

Katara: Well, I just want you to be prepared for what you might see. The Fire Nation is ruthless. They killed my mother, and they could have done the same to your people.