chapter 14

jj's pov

"i don't want to work tonight. it's a long weekend it's gonna be so busy" i complained. i sat up in bed, not ready for the day.

"don't go" gus said, "i can't" i told him

"you can, you should quit" he encouraged me. "i can't do that, i need the money" i groaned

"my music has been doing well jj, like really well. i can take care of both us just fine" he told me, "i can't ask you to do that for me" i told him. 

"you're not, i'm offering. i want to" he took my hand "i told you i'd take care of you". 

"gus..." i didn't know what to say

"go in and tell them you quit", he nudged me smiling. 

"i love you so much" i told him, we were gonna be happy, and normal, everything is okay.

"i love you too, go get ready" he said, he kissed me on the forehead and i got up to go shower. 

for the first time in my life i felt like everything was maybe gonna be okay. i didn't know how to be a good girlfriend, or wife, or mom. i didn't now how i was gonna do anything gus wanted me to be but i was getting ahead of myself. 

i still wondered what he ever saw in layla, why'd he ever get engaged to her? she just seemed like a nightmare. did she have something i don't? i just don't understand what he saw in her. i guess i don't really knows what he sees in me either. 

"can i come in? i gotta get ready to" gus asked through the door "yeah lol" i yelled over the sound of the shower. 

"what do you want to do tonight?" he asked

"i don't know, whatever you wan to do" i answered, being no help. 

"do you want to come meet my producer?  i'm working on a new song with my friend tracy" he suggested 

"yeah i think that'd be fun" i said, i turned the water off, stepping out of the shower.

"i'll warn you though, they were some of the first people i met out here when i moved after our break up and i was pretty heart broke, but they know we're back together now" he told me cautiously. 

i wasn't really surprised, i'm sure he was super angry at me after we broke up, i said some not very nice things about him as well. 

"i'm not worried" i told him. 

"can i ask you something?" he sounded pretty serious

"yeah..." i was getting nervous now

"why don't you just move in with me here, get away from your roommates?" he asked

"are you being serious?" i asked, shocked

"of course" he said, "just like the old days" he laughed

"well, hopefully it would be a little better than that" i pointed out, the last time gus and i lived together we broke up.

"do you want to?" he asked, i guess i never actually answered 

i hesitated for a second, i don't know why. i wanted to be with him. i guess i was just scared of it ending up like last time. 

"yes" i told him

"really?" he asked, i hadn't seen his face light up like that in a long time 

"yes really" i told him

he hugged me, lifting me just high enough off the ground he could spin me around. 

"you make me so happy, even if i may not always tell you" he told me

"i love you so much, i never thought one person could save my life, ruin it, and then save it again" i laughed

"i love you too. go get ready, you have a job to quit" he kissed my head and left me to finish getting ready. 

i finished getting ready and gathered all the old things i'd need to return to work, "i'm ready" i told gus "let's go" he said, grabbing his keys. 

"you got this babe" he said, placing his hand on my thigh while he parked in front of my work. "go be a bitch" he said "well you know i'm good at that" i joked. 

"hey thomas!" i raised my voice to get my manager's attention. "jj, you're early" he said. 

"i quit" i told him, putting down my old uniform and nametag on the table

"what?" he asked shocked, "i quit" i repeated and turned to walk away, not looking back. 

i ran towards gus like he was in a getaway car. "i did it!" i told him, he started driving before i even had time to close the door. 

"hell yeah, lets head over to the studio?" he asked "yeah let's get outta here" i agreed

"we're working on a new song, you'll be the first to hear besides us" he told me "i'm honoured" 

gus pulled up to a house, there was a few other cars parked outside, "let's go" he said, coming around to open my door. 

i followed him downstairs to the basement of the house. i walked into a wall of weed smoke, there was a couple of guys passing a blunt around. 

"sup" gus greeted his friends, taking the blunt from his friend and taking a long pull

"jj, tracy. tracy, jj. cody, jj. jj, cody" he introduced me to the guys

"hey" i said shyly, not sure if they were my biggest fans

"heard a lot about you" tracy said, with no positive or negative connotation. i'm guessing by the dagger glare he got from gus it was probably nothing good.

i get it, they were his friends, they didn't want to see him get hurt again. 

"come listen" gus said, sitting down on a swivel chair and pulling me onto his lap. 

he put a pair of headphones on me and moved a couple of switches. 

i listened to what they had done so far, "i like it babe" i told him.

"gus can i talk to you?" tracy asked him, "yeah" gus said nonchalant, not moving from the position we were in. 

"like, alone for a minute?" tracy added, "yeah, sure..." gus sounded uncertain. he stood up and went to go talk to tracy in the other room. 

"they're talking about me aren't they?" i asked cody, "don't know" he said

"you don't have to lie to me, gus warned me you guys knew our history" i enlightened him

"oh" he said, "well, maybe. we just don't wan't him getting hurt again. he's been through a lot with girls. especially you" he told me

"i know. i was terrible to him, but i promise were good now. i don't wan't to hurt him, i don't know what i'd do if i lost him again" i told cody

"nah i believe you. you know he never stopped thinking about you, even when he was with layla. i know he loves you, i just wanna make sure he's getting the same back from you, y'know?" he said, he sounded genuine.

"of course, we're solid now. we've worked out our issues. i'm actually gonna move in with him" i told cody, "oh really?" he asked, he didn't necessarily sound happy

before i could answer gus and tracy returned. gus sat beside me on the couch, putting a protective arm around me. without saying anything i could tell tracy especially was not enthused about us getting back together. 

i didn't care. i love gus, gus loves me and i'm the happiest i've ever been. i really don't give a fuck what they think.