Chapter Two Babysitting: Day One

Hayes POV

Paige went home and my mom wouldn't stop talking about how good she was with Skylynn earlier today. This weekend should be interesting. It's a little weird considering Paige is my age and my mom trust her with Sky and not with me. She'll be here the entire weekend until my mom gets back, not that I'm complaining. Paige was super pretty. Her eyes were crystal blue and her golden blonde hair complimented her lightly tanned skin. I didn't get to talk to her that much because my mom wouldn't shut up with questions, but since she's coming tomorrow morning I'll have plenty of time to hang out with her. Nash came into my room and said that he was headed to Cameron's house, but they will probably be back tomorrow. I asked my mom why she decided to have Paige over the entire weekend if Nash was coming back tomorrow and she said because Nash isn't always responsible, which is true. Before I knew it I was drifting off the sleep thinking about tomorrow.
______________________________
*Friday Morning*
I woke up from my deep slumber and walked downstairs. I saw Paige was asleep on the couch in the living room. I didn't want to wake her so I tried to quietly walk into the kitchen, sadly I failed. I tripped and made a pretty loud noise. I looked into the living room and Paige was up so I decided to go talk to her. I sat down on the other end of the couch and said, "Morning Sunshine!" I said with a laugh since it was 11
o' clock. She just looked at me with her sleepy eyes.
"I was here at 8 in the morning and you two weren't up so I guess I drifted off in here." Her voice was raspy. It was cute.
"Well it's 11 now and Sky still isn't up, but I would just let her sleep. She's kind of a pain in the mornings." I said jumping off the couch, "Okay Miss Babysitter you should come help me with breakfast." I said holding out my hand to help her off the couch.
"Fine." She took my hand and walked into the kitchen.
"Can you make pancakes?" I asked.
"Yeah, where's the mix?" She responded.
"Here." I said in a sad voice, throwing her the mix.
"What's wrong?" She said looking at me.
"Oh I was hoping you wouldn't know how to flip them correctly so I could do this." I said as I placed my hand over hers as she held the spatula and came up behind her and started guiding her hand, flipping the pancakes.

Paige's POV
"Can you make pancakes?" Hayes asked.
"Yeah, where's the mix?" I responded.
"Here." He said in a sad voice, throwing me the mix.
"What's wrong?" I said looking up at him.
"Oh I was hoping you wouldn't know how to flip them correctly so I could do this." He said as he placed his hand over mine and came closer as he guided my hand, flipping the pancakes. I have to admit I enjoyed it...a lot. Butterflies were flying all around my stomach and my started to blush. I looked back at Hayes and smiled. He smirked and once we were finished making pancakes we sat on the living room couch and talked.
"You're very good at making pancakes." He said with a smirk.
"I couldn't have done it without your help Mr. Grier." I said raising an eyebrow and smirking back at him. We finished our pancakes and by then Sky was up. She ran over to me and said, "PAIGE! Can we go swimming?" She said as I picked her up.
"Well Sky, of course we can go swimming! Here let's eat a pancake first though and if you eat all your pancakes then we'll go swimming for as long as you want!" I said putting her down and following her into the kitchen. I gave her two pancakes as she requested and sure enough she eat every last bite.
"Can we go swimming now?" She said looking over at me.
"Of course, go get your swim suit on!" I said getting up and walking upstairs to the guest room.
"I'll meet you guys outside by the pool." Hayes said going into his room. I quickly went to my bag, Elizabeth told me Sky loved to swim so I packed a couple bathing suits. I decided to wear the black bikini with a ruffled top and solid bottoms because it complimented my skin tone since I am super white. I walked out to the pool. Hayes and Sky were out there waiting on me. I went over and dipped my foot into the water, it was freezing. Hayes and Sky jumped in and then Hayes said, "If you don't jump in I'm going to come and get you." He said as I sat down in a chair.
"Oh really? I'd like to see you try." I said raising an eyebrow.
"Okay...you asked for it." Before I knew it Hayes climbed out of the pool and threw me over his shoulder and threw me into the pool. I decided to play a joke on him and act like I couldn't swim. I started repeatedly dunking my head under the water and flapped my arms up and down and I went under and started letting out bubbles. I closed my eyes and I felt a muscular arm wrap around my waist and carry me to the surface. Hayes was holding me and staring at me with worry in his eyes. I couldn't help but let out a laugh.
"What! This isn't funny, you almost drown!" He basically screamed.
"Jokes on you pretty boy! I can swim perfectly fine." I said floating away from him.
"You almost gave me a heart attack!" He said with a laugh as he swim over to me.
"That's what you get for throwing me into the freezing water!" I said with a laugh. For the rest of the day we swam and then around 4 o' clock we got out and dried off.
"That was super fun!" Sky yelled once we got inside, but her eyes were fluttering open and closed.
"Yes it was, but I think it's time for somebody's nap." I said, "who's nap time is it?" I said as I picked Skylynn up.
"It's Hayes' nap time." She said as she cuddled up to me and I carried her to her bed. Before I got to her room she was out cold.
______________________________
Okay everyone! I hope you like the first two chapters! I know they're a little slow, but don't worry drama coming in the next few chapters!

-Ashlynn