Annabeth x Reader (I can't feel my legs)

Your fighting a monster and break your back <3 Inspired by @ypsese, they made the idea in one of their books, I'm just writing it how I would have. Most likely will be quite long, might take two parts (probably not though).

Warnings: Swearing (I think that's it. Comment on this if there's more)

Y/N's POV

You were fighting a monster with Annabeth, Percy and Grover, the cyclopes Polyphemus. You were attempting to rescue the Golden Fleece. You were covered in blood and bruises, and Grover, Annabeth and Percy suffered the same fate. You had almost procured the Fleece, but you couldn't grab it. Polyphemus was in the way. Every attempt you made to get around him failed. Percy tried to come to your aid, but Polyphemus just flung him away into a tree, and he crumpled to the ground.

"PERCY!" You yelled, sprinting towards him and forgetting the Fleece. You skidded to a stop next to him. But he was breathing thank gods. You yelled for Annabeth and she could take it from there.

You started running for the Golden Fleece again, dodging around Polyphemus's absolutely enormous toes, and picked up the Fleece. 

"Finally! Haha!" You yelled in joy. "Annabeth! Grover! I got the-" You were cut off my Polyphemus looming above you. He looked down, grinned, and raised his foot. 

"Oh shit," you mumbled. Polyphemus smashed his heel into your back, and a loud CRACK resonated around the field.

A guttural scream ripped through your body. The pain was unbearable. Imagine you stubbed your toe, but it's your back, and 1,000,000 times worse. Then it was all black.

Annabeth's POV (First Person)

As I heard the crack I knew something bad had happened. I whipped my head around, and discovered Y/N's limp body under Polyphemus's foot.

"NOT Y/N YOU BITCH!" (😏) I screamed as I ran towards him. I felt more angry than I ever have in my life. More angry than when Luke betrayed Camp Half-Blood, and more angry than when Clarisse got chosen to lead the quest. I whipped out my dagger and leaped onto Polyphemus's back. I hung on for dear life, digging my blade between his shoulder bones. He roared in pain and fury, trying to shake me off his back, but I clung tight.

"This is for Percy!" I yelled as I stabbed him again.

"This is for Y/N!" I slashed his back.

"AND THIS IS FOR ME!" I lunged up his spine, embedding my dagger into his skull. He roared louder than the first time, trying to get me off. I twisted the blade, finishing him off. He stumbled around, then flopped to the ground, most likely squishing a few of his precious sheepies. I leaped off his back, and smirked. Then remembered Y/N.

"GROVER! GO LOOK AFTER PERCY!" I yelled at the satyr, sprinting to where Y/N lay, motionless near Polyphemus's foot. 

"No, no, no, please be okay," I mumbled, as I reached her. There was blood seeping from her cuts, and the honestly didn't look too bad. But that was nothing compared to her back. It was way curvier than it should, and somehow kind of stuck in the floor. I flipped her over gently, and saw just how pale and deathly-looking she was. Her breathing was shallow and uneven, but it was there. Her eyes fluttered open, and she stared at me blankly.

"Anna...beth..." She breathed.

"Yeah?" I whispered.

"I... can't... feel my legs..." She went limp once more. Then it dawned on me. She obviously broke her back, but it was worse than that. Her legs were paralyzed.

"GROVER!" I bellowed.

"What? What is it? Is Y/N okay???" Grover stumbled over his words, dragging a wobbly Percy behind him. I shook my head solemnly.