Chapter 17 - Counting

Moiraine and Lan deserve a break from all the action and have some time just to themselves.

Warning! This is a smut chapter about Moiraine and Lan having some fun!

Four days passed after Alanna moved on with her two Warders to Cairhien. Their last dinner with the Damodreds, Lan, and Eliza had been extremely civilized – to everyone's surprise. Anvaere had grumbled a few times and hadn't smiled – not once – but she had managed to actually ask Alanna about her life in the White Tower and how long she knew Moiraine. And she had sounded genuinely interested. Even Eliza had dared to ask questions about Alanna's home, which Alanna had answered with great pleasure. The old woman knew how to make someone smile.

When Alanna left, Eliza prepared small preparations and gave them to the three riders for their ride to Cairhien. The Green Sister hugged her thankfully.

Moiraine had gotten a warning that Alanna and her Warders would probably return in the next few days. The Amyrlin hadn't been long behind them and would call for Moiraine as soon as she reached Cairhien. The woman of the Blue Ajah had felt sick but nodded.

In the following days, Moiraine and Lan had helped Anvaere and Eliza with the horses and the house. Maksim and Ihvon had helped Lan to get rid of the dead bodies of the Myrddraals before they had left so no stranger could ask questions.

Anvaere still looked at Lan as if she wanted to strangle him but seemed thankful for his help – especially when it came to lifting heavy things with which the women were struggling. Once the oldest Damodred sister found out Lan wasn't sleeping on the floor, she almost threw Lan out of the house. It was only thanks to Eliza that the older woman didn't try to kill the Warder.

Since then, it seemed like Anvaere checked more regularly on Moiraine than before. Both the Aes Sedai and the Warder could hear the Cairhien woman walking up and down outside their door.

Lan even mocked the upset woman once, knowing she was pacing again. Moiraine had read a book in her chair while he had grabbed an apple – he had made it a habit to have fruits in their room to feed them to Moiraine occasionally. When he had heard Anvaere getting closer to the door again, he had bitten into the apple and moaned loudly.

It hadn't taken three heartbeats before Anvaere stormed the room to pull the horny bastard away from her innocent sister. Instead, she saw her sister sitting calmly on her chair while Lan stood with his apple at the window – as far away from each other as possible. Anvaere would have killed him on the spot if Moiraine hadn't intervened and thrown her overprotective sister out.

After that, the Aes Sedai had thrown her Warder an annoyed look, which he had returned with a broad smile until she had copied his smile, chuckling and shaking her head at the bizarre situation. Perhaps Lan's action had helped to stop Anvaere's ridiculous attempts to catch them while doing something forbidden – well, in her eyes, forbidden.

Lan had closed the distance between them and wrapped his arms around Moiraine. The woman of the Blue Ajah had told him he was impossible, which he had answered with a shrug of his shoulder and offered the apple to his bondholder.

Sleepily, Moiraine felt hot kisses moving from her neck over her shoulder. A finger pulled off the nightgown of her shoulder to reveal more skin, and she shivered when the kisses moved on, then turned back to her neck, tenderly nibbling on her skin.

An arm moved around her, pulling her closer against the muscular body in her back. She could feel the heat of his body through the fabric of her nightgown.