XIII

" Calm and patient, by your grace I'ma be, I'll be signing through the pain, I'ma dance in the rain, I'ma feel it, I'ma always keep the faith I'ma be okay 'cause I'm still in it "

NARRATOR

The next few days went by increasingly slow the now damaged marriage was in full effect. Family and friends bombarded their phones relentlessly.

Y/N ended using her work phone which she never shared unless it was clients or really anyone from work, not even her ex-husband had it.

Work seemed to be her only safe space while avoiding her own home. The constant wanting to talk and maybe trying couples therapy or counseling was probably the funniest thing Y/N heard throughout the divorce proceedings.

She had made her ex-husband sign the papers after a few arguments and him trying to gaslight her into thinking she's making the biggest mistake and blah blah blah is all Y/N heard after that.

It went down like a movie that you would put on for background noise. She wasn't even listening and finally after he had seen how she well she was taking everything after checking out of their marriage—he finally signed the ten neatly stacked papers.

It was finally over at least almost, there were a few meetings to be had with the divorce lawyer and while Y/N hired this lawyer, Yumi Sakamoto, a top lawyer in her field and widely respected; he always trusted her. She was fair and never greedy they both worked at the same company.

It was all straight down the line the only expectation being the house since it was under Y/N's name. Although he might able to take the equity from her but Y/N wasn't so sure given the housing laws and regulations differ from the states.

That was another story in itself but she didn't want to give it up, she chose it due to a few things and loved the area, scenery and being away from prying eyes. On a plus side her neighbors don't steal—decent area, more pricy then others—another reason, she was willing to fight him but she figured he would buy—what most guys do after a divorce or being kicked out—buy a condominium she was wrong.

It was a rocky but smooth process in the end and Y/N couldn't be more grateful. She felt better about her decision it opened more doors for her mentally and definitely helped with her anxiety she felt within herself. She kept to herself and prayed more often than usual.

It was out of the blue when H/N saw Y/N walking with a withered but still together black book her bible which she always kept in a shoe box in the walk in closet.

No more will she feel scared in her own house, no more will she feel obligated to stay with someone who will manipulate her into bending her will, no more mail she break her back for others. No more will she let herself be subjected to humiliation by her own family and family on her ex-spouses side. Y/N was no more a puppet or something to control. She was different now, healthier, happier and at peace.

It was difficult to achieve after announcing that she fell out of love with her long term partner. Most couples don't want to look for someone else as they are comfortable but now Y/N she wanted more and that was her saving grace always being hungry for more.

What saved her was not her rush to skip out on a marriage or cheat but actually strive to free herself something that didn't fit her anymore.

Y/N wasn't in anyone's control and did not have to think of others—who would only be a stepping stone into a new chapter of her life.

She was free and was able to finally explore herself more outside of a marriage where you would stretch yourself thin and always give more sixty while receiving the other gave forty.

As for H/N he had a hard time understanding who managed to change her mind about her marriage—about him. He knew her very well and cheating was not her taste.

Yet, it still dwelled inside him the thoughts of her actually stepping out of the marriage and then springing divorce like it was nothing. Those thoughts seem to circle in his mind more often than usual the last few weeks.

At first he understood that she wasn't feeling the same love, like how it used to be but with everything more so work and other promises and plans that just seem to never happen. He tried reasoning with her and hoping that would change her mind. He thought of everything that material things would do it.

That would be the solution to an impending doom that he chose to ignore. He feigned awareness in his own marriage and never seemed to quite grasp it.

His mother seemed to pick up on it when Y/N ignored their pleas in the beginning and also got more information out of her son. Who still didn't want kids but was willing to make her happy. Being comfortable and unbending was probably his downfall to his divorce almost being finalized.

He hadn't figured it out yet but was positive that was the partial to the issue. He dragged it out for as long as he could but in the end he accepted it was over.

At least for now.

nobody yell at me...i'm sorry, new chapter of pedestal coming soon tho!