Picture This: MSD but out of context

(Picture This)

The 2011 team is having a get-together (for the author's stupid ideas purposes). Things are calm for once as everyone is too middle aged to bring the house down. They are all respectable adults here, mentors for the next gen of cricket. Most of them are retired folk. They are enjoying their lives. There is food, good music, chatter.

Zak, to Mahi who just got off a call with a thoughtful expression on his face: Anything interesting to share with the crowd.

Mahi, still thinking: All monsters in the end are human.

Everyone nearby stopping mid convo to stare at him:

Sonu: .. Sometimes, I am scared for him.

Ashish, the Nehra kind: Most times, I am scared of him.

(Context: Ziva had just narrated an entire episode of scooby doo to him... where all monsters are humans)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Picture This)

Its, the year of 2010. CSK team doing a team bonding thing in the common room. Stephen, the new coach, is leading the session. He is snapping at everyone to pay attention and get off their devices. He turns to MS for help only to find MS too is absorbed in his laptop. He shuts the flap firmly. MS looks up dismayed.

Stephen: Come on. You lead by example. Look. Because of you they are all in their devices too. *Turning to the room* Come on guys. Put your phones, laptops, ipads down. Now.

Everyone, grumbles but since MS isn't on his laptop anymore and is glaring for some reason at everyone, they put everything down.

Stephen, beaming: Okay. Now lets just play an innocent round of 21 questions okay? We can ask anything but let's try to keep it relevant to life okay? It will help all the  youngsters in the team.

They start counting... It lands at MS. Stephen asks the question.

Stephen: Okay, MS. What motivates you to keep going?

MS, in a low monotone, with an unsettling gaze: One day you will be face to face with whatever saw fit to let you exist and you will have to justify the space you have filled.

Stephen: ....

Hayden, who may be a literal giant but knows a threat when he sees one: Remind me to never touch his laptop

(Context: He meant well but being shut down in the middle of GETTING OVER IT aka the most annoying game to ever exist can make even MSD a little homicidal. Everyone is bound to be a little loose around the edges if you have ever played that fkn game.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Picture this)

It is late at night. Sourav and Rahul are in their room. The door is wide open, they are in the middle of a very intense conversation over a book they just read. Mahi passes through the corridor carrying a heavy looking bag. They don't pay much attention. Mahi goes back. They continue talking. He passes by again, carrying four bags over his shoulder. Now Sourav side eyes, but shrugs and continues his discussion. Mahi goes back. He again passes by, this time with a couple of cricket kits over his shoulder.

Sourav, nudging Rahul: What's going on over there?

Rahul, too deep into his nerd rant to pay attention: I don't know. Something probably. Anyway-

Before Rahul can continue, Mahi passes by again. This time an organiser on his shoulder. Now even Rahul watches confused.

Rahul: Okay, what is going on over there?

They watch silently as slowly, Mahi passes by several times, carrying an increasingly confusing object over his shoulders. The organiser, the closet, the beds, two mattresses. And finally, an uncooperative Raina over his shoulder.

Sourav:... Do you want to go find out?

Rahul: Do you?

Now the process repeats... but in the opposite direction. Beds, mattresses, closets, organisers and a very confused Robin Uthappa with sleepy Irfan tagging behind. Then just as randomly as the activity took place, it disappeared too and the corridor is completely quiet again.

Rahul: For our sanity... let's just not question no?

(Context: Mahi's way of exchanging rooms is a little .... different)