#13 - The Confrontation

A warm, fuzzy feeling had completely engulfed her. Her heart fluttered, her breath had quickened and her head felt light as she felt Meher's eyes on her lips.

This was unlike any other feeling Jiya had ever experienced. 

She took in the beauty of Meher's face. Her smooth skin, the soft arches of her eyebrows, her long, shapely nose, and the gold-brownness of her eyes. God had crafted her with utmost brilliance. The angles of her facial structure seemed to be carefully measured, sculpted with utter precision. Jiya resisted the urge to run her slender palm through Meher's mop of soft hair.

Her scent was drawing Jiya in. She just wanted to be as close to Meher, as was physically possible.

Jiya was getting pulled in like a magnet. She inched closer until her breath fanned Meher's neck. Meher locked her eyes back on Jiya's and they seemed infinitely hazel. 

Meher cleared her throat and looked away. The spell was broken.

Jiya's hand was so shaky, and her head felt incredibly light. She was ready to pass out. The spoon fell from her hands.

"I'm so sorry," She whispered softly, picking up the spoon.

"It's ... fine," It felt like Meher's voice was stuck in her throat. She kept looking away in the distance, trying her best not to look at her employee's wife.

Jiya quickly fetched a clean new spoon and began feeding Meher, the latter gulping down each sip with noticeable difficulty, avoiding any eye contact.

Awkwardness filled the air as Meher chugged the soup.

"Baby? Are you okay? What the hell happened to your arm?!" Her blond hair in a slick ponytail, Meher's girlfriend was at the entrance of the room. 

"Payal,"

Payal strode to Meher's bed, locking lips with her girlfriend. The sounds made Jiya sick. She felt her heart get heavier as the kiss deepened. 

Payal finally broke their kiss, looking at Jiya. Her face lacked any expression at first, but seemed to force a smile when she looked at the soup bowl. 

"Thanks for looking after my girlfriend, Jiya. I can take it from here." She practically snatched the bowl from Jiya's hand, "You can leave now," Payal said, with fake-sweetness.

Jiya looked at Meher momentarily, who gave her a slight, sorry smile.

Jiya's gaze dropped to the floor, "Take care, Meher. Bye."

* * *

"Babe... can you stop glaring at me like that?" Meher finally broke the ice. 

Payal crossed her arms firmly over her chest, "What the hell is going on between you both?"

"What?"

"She's clearly attracted to you, Meher." Payal sounded unusually cold. She was calling Meher by her name. 

"She has a husband. She's obviously straight, babe."

"Who are you kidding?!" The volcano had finally erupted.  Payal was fuming. 

"We're at the hospital. Please don't be so loud." Meher said calmly. Trying to hide the guilt in her voice.

"Baby she's clearly attracted to you. Anyone with eyes and a braincell can figure it out! She likes you. She wants you! Don't tell me you can't see it too!" Payal was even louder now.

Meher grew silent.

Whatever had almost happened earlier wasn't just Meher's imagination. If Meher hadn't restrained herself, she'd never know what direction things would have progressed in. It was undeniable.