CHAPTER 14

A/n pov:

Resting her head on pillow, gauri was sleeping as Niel brought her home after that incident

Resting her head on pillow, gauri was sleeping as Niel brought her home after that incident. Her eyes fluttered opened to find her mother sitting besides her..

Gauri: Maa..?

She got shocked to see her mother while Swaparna caressed her hair..

Swaparna: you are up? How are you feeling...

Gauri got up while her mother put pillow behind her and she leaned towards the wall..

Gauri: maa weren't you supposed to come tomorrow?

Swaparna: I was but Niel called me and told everything about the incident...he sent car to me and I'm here..

Gauri: oh...

Swaparna: you should had been careful Gauri..

Gauri: yeah...I was just....lost in my own thoughts..

Swaparna: and those where?

Gauri looked down and sighed

Gauri: maa...I was thinking whether I am doing right or not by marrying Mr sehgal..

Swaparna took her hands and spoke

Swaparna: beta....at whatever condition you both met...it's obvious for you to feel that..but maybe faith choosed right person for you...after all whatever is happening, it's all play of fate....

Gauri: I know...

Swaparna: so...don't think too much about the marriage...Niel is good person...I saw how he was worried for you..

Gauri remembered the moment when he was carrying her in bridal style..

A faint smile appeared on her face and spoke

Gauri: yes maa..you are right, I shouldn't overthink..

Swaparna smiled and both starts talking with each other..

Time skips~

Gauri was walking in the hallway towards Neil's room as she wanted to thanks him for the today..

She stood in front of Neil's door and knocked..

She got no response and again she knocked but this time with little bit more pressure when suddenly the door got opened on its own..she realised the door wasn't locked so she entered inside to find dark themed room..

she realised the door wasn't locked so she entered inside to find dark themed room

Gauri's thought: why the hel his room is so dark...is he ghost or what?

She walked further inside to see Neel sleeping while twisting and turning..

Gauri: Mr Sehgal?

She went near him and saw him who was drenched in sweat...

Gauri's thought: seems like he is having nightmare...

Gauri: Mr sehgal..

She again spoke and tried to touch his shoulder when suddenly he got up and hugs her making her flinched and shocked..

She got stunned in her place while Neel was hugging...as if he holds her with his dearest life..

She was hearing his fast heartbeat while her heartbeat was itself going fast...

For sometime both stayed like that...when Neel slowly opened his eyes..He realised what he was doing and his grip on shoulder got started loosing and he starts getting seprate from her while looking inside her eyes who was looking down...

She quickly turned around and got up while playing with her fingers..

Gauri: that...sorry for barging inside your room...I knocked...and saw-

Neel: it's ok...I didn't asked explanation so rest assured...

Gauri: yeah...

Neel: so?

Gauri: so...?

Neel: you must had something to say to me right? Since you are here...

Gauri: ohh..yeah..

She nervously smiles and continues
Gauri: well thank you for the earlier....thank you for saving my life...

Neel didn't said anything and stared her

Gauri: and thank you so much for bringing maa to me..

She spoke while playing with her fingers and looking down. Neel who was looking at her averts his gaze and replied

Neel: it's ok just be careful...and about maa..I thought you need someone to be with you at that state...so I decided to inform your mother....so yeah

A smile appeared on gauri face and she spoke

Gauri: you are not that bad as you portray...

Neel looks at her with raised eyebrows as she continues

Gauri: maybe from outside you show you are cold and don't give sh!t about anything but I think you are soft and kind hearted from inside...

Neel's heart skipped a beat at her words

Gauri: thank you for everything..thank you for coming in my life as Saviour and pulling me out from tough situations

Saying this she was leaves that place leaving Neel is shocked

She made his heart fluttered with her words..he didn't expected this from her..this was the first time when someone actually thanked him for everything..what he did? Just saved her right? It's not a big deal then why his heart was beating fast..why a part of him felt happy at her words..

He sighed in frustration and thought

Neel's thought: no Neel no..get your grip on your emotions....you cannot let yourself to repeat the same mistake which you made year ago..

- to be continued