Take her when you go

POV
X

There's a knock at the penthouse door, who will it be now? Julian, Adria or Hugo?

I open the door and it's Stephanie.

Last person I'd expect to see knocking at my door, I figured she'd want to avoid me for the rest of her life.

"What'd up liar..?" I ask but in a slightly playful way. I'm not exactly happy that she lied to me but she did it for my girl. She was there for her when she needed her the most and I can't be bothered by that.

She rolls her eyes, "sorry." She says and I know she's not.

"I gotta pick up Millie's bags," she says.

I nod my head slightly. I knew this time was coming but I secretly wished it wouldn't, I wished Millie would come back and not be able to live a day without me but that would be naive of me to believe.

"I'll be right back," I say and walk away to retrieve Millie's belongings.

I walk into the bedroom and grab the handle of the two bags, praying they'll make their way back here again.

I walk back to Stephanie with discontent in each step, losing my previous humorous tone as I'm reminded of my shitty situation I brought upon myself.

She notices my shift in emotion, "give her time, X." She says laced with empathy.

"How much, Stephanie? It's been two days and I'm dying here. I can't get her out of my mind. Im not me anymore, I don't know how to make this right." I beg her for instructions.

"I don't know X, I can't tell you an exact date or time, you do what you feel is best, I only know your relationship on the surface, ya know?" Stephanie explains and it was no fucking help.

"Do you think she'll ever forgive me?" I ask hopeful.

"Do I think she'll forgive you? Yeah, I think she'll forgive you one day but do I think she'll put it all behind her and move forward with you?" She shrugs her shoulders indicating what I didn't want to know from the person that knows Millie best.

I nod feeling helpless and hand Stephanie the bags.

She takes them in her hands and says "hang in there" with a half smile and then leaves.

I'm left alone with my thoughts again that are no good for me. This is all too foreign for me, I can solve problems with ease when it comes to business but for my own love life, I have to idea where to even start. I don't want to give up on Millie, I love her. I've never loved anyone before whether it be romantically or in any other way. I can't let her slip away, it'll kill me.

My phone dings in the front pocket of my jeans.

Great...Adria...I knew this was coming.

Adria: We need to talk X

no we don't...

Me: What do you want...?

Adria: I can't lose this job. I'll do anything, I don't have anywhere to go.

Me: shoulda thought about that before you set me up. Millie didn't have anywhere to go either so I don't give a fuck, figure it out.

Adria: X please..I'm sorry

Me: fuck you and take Penelope when you go

I can't deal with this drama anymore, I feel like I'm back in high school even though I know I'm the root of it all.

I have more important shit to deal with, like how to get my girl back, I can't go another day without her. Every passing minute makes me miss her more than the last.

I can't believe she found the note I left for her mom. I had no intention of her seeing it, I figured it'd disintegrate in the rain and she'd never know I was there in the first place.

In a way, I'm happy she saw it, I want her to know that I am proud of her too and not just feeding her bullshit by saying it in a desperate attempt to get her back.

I need to call Evelyn to come finish up the rest of my hands, the pain is starting to take over me and I promised Millie if I took care of my hands that she'd accept me paying for the hotel.

Although I want to camp out in the hotel parking lot just get a glimpse of her whenever she leaves, I don't. I don't because I love her and she needs space and my needs are less important than hers.