Valentine's Day With Jake Lockley.

Character: Jake Lockley X Reader

Fandom: Moon Knight

Wordcount: 1933

Originally posted: 18/02/2024

Summary: Valentine's Day With Jake Lockley.

-

Jake knows you'll be pissed off at him. Of course you'll be pissed off at him. Any other girl would also rightfully be pissed off at their boyfriend for working all day on Valentine's Day. Especially when he'd left you this morning without even saying goodbye to you.

Ok well... He did say goodbye, even gave you a cute little kiss on your lips as you were laying in bed half asleep, whispering. "I'll be back tonight Hermosa." Before leaving without another word. If you were in a more conscious state of mind you probably would've tried to convince him to stay, and it probably would've work. He'd probably go tell Khonshu to fuck himself and that his girlfriend was more important than going out on some blood thirsty rampage for a "Bloody pigeon" (Steven's words). But no, you were too tired to argue and just mumbled out a sleepy "I love you, please be safe." Before falling back to sleep. But anyways, this wasn't your fault, it was Jake's.

Jake now stands in front of the door of the apartment, staring over at his own reflection bouncing back at him from the metal door number plate. "She's gonna be upset." Steven says in the reflection of the reflective surface. "I know." Jake huffs out. Expecting to walk in and find you with your arms crossed over your chest and your eyebrows furrowed together. You'll probably demand that either Steven or Marc take over the body so that you can pamper the both of them in love and affection.

Jake reaches his hand out onto the doorknob, resting it on there for a moment before slowly twisting it sideways. He closes his eyes, not prepared for the argument that's about to go down with you. Jake steps inside, closes the door behind him, locks it and finally opens his eyes back up again.

The main lights are dimmed down and there are a few lit candles spread throughout the apartment, the flickering of the candle lighting creating a comforting atmosphere in the room. Jake looks around and sees that you're not there. He then looks down at the wooden floorboards, seeing a trail of dark red rose petals that lead over to the bedroom door.

Jake can't help but smirk widely as he shrugs off his jacket, cap and gloves before tossing them onto the couch and creepily making his wa y to the bedroom, the floorboards creaking ever so slightly.

Jake taps his now bare knuckles on the door of the bedroom. "Hermosa, can I come in?" He calls out. After a second the sound of bare feet tapping can be heard getting closer and closer to the door before it opens up. Revealing you standing there in nothing but a dark red lacy lingerie and a matching sheer robe that leaves nothing to the imagination and shows everything off.

Jake's eyes widen and his lower lip drops down slightly as he takes in the sight of you. You smile widely up at him before jumping into his arms, wrapping your arms around him and burying your face into the crook of his neck. "Hermosa- Is this all for me?" Jake asks, his Spanish accent thick as usual as he hugs you back. Running his fingers up and along your waist and feeling the smooth fabric of the robe.

"Uh huh. I knew you'd probably have a rough day at work, so I wanted to surprise you." You say, still smiling up at Jake. "So you're not mad at me, Hermosa? Not mad that I left you all day?" He says, pulling away from the hug and cupping both of your cheeks in his hands, closing his eyes and placing a kiss onto your forehead.