N I N E

I didn't kiss him. I came close to though. Now I'm standing in the bathroom just looking in the mirror. Before you ask... yes, going to the bathroom was my excuse for not kissing him. I have no idea how that was too prove anything. I just hoped that Jack wouldn't tell his friends about the real bet. Then I couldn't bring Sadie closer to her love. Although I thought he was cute when I met him I would never go after him. I'm not sure why... I just have this feeling.

Because of Jack

Nope

Yes

I'm not talking to you

You will be back for advice

Why am I having a mental conversion with myself? I might as well be saying this out loud to signify that I am completely crazy. Yeah that is a great idea.

All I can think about is that stupid bet. Let me just say that Jeremy isn't some hot model from Italy. He has blonde hair but his eyes are a horrible shade of green. His nose is super crooked and slightly smashed. Other than that he was okay. He was attractive enough that I can force myself to kiss him.

So you are willing to hurt Jeremy and Jack?

Yes

Don't you want to save your first kiss for someone who cares about you for real?

I guess but

Sadie can figure out her own problems

True, yeah she can. I don't need to do this

I cross out kissing Jeremy in my mind. I wouldn't want him, Owen and Jack head over heels for me. Man I think I'm getting as cocky as boys in books. I roll my eyes. I can't help but feeling that it is true though. I frown at my mirror.

"You coming out, Blondie?" I hear Jack's voice say. Go away! I want to scream at him so bad right now.

"Nope." I pop the p.

"Alright then I'm coming in." He forced the door open even when I throw myself against the door. Man is he strong. "Let me put your pretty little head to rest, Blondie. I don't like you. If I did you would know."

"Know how?" I pry. "Wait you think I'm pretty?"

"Yes I do. All anyone had to do is look in those blue eyes of yours and they're gone." What does that mean? "Also I don't know, you just would know."

"Know how?" I ask again.

"Man aren't you desperate for me to like you?"

"Well you did say that you get lost in my eyes." I smirk at him.

"No I meant-"

"Keep talking because the grave you are digging its only getting bigger." I laugh at his bright red face. I got him there. I purposefully forgot about his eye comment so I could bring it back into his face. After he doesn't answer after a while I speak back up. "Captain Jack, are you getting lost in my eyes again?"

"I- ew no!" I roll my eyes at him. He made it too easy.

"Dork." I mumble as I walk out of the bathroom.

I walk out to find Sadie smirking at me. I knew what she was going to say to me as soon as she got the chance. As soon as Jack regained his composure and walked his friends all went "ooh" which made him go read again. Sadie and I were dying laughing. Immediately I was ready to talk to her about the bet.

"Tomorrow we should have Danica, Harlem and Faelynn come down here too and..." I pause not knowing how to continue. "I'm ah... backing out."

"Why? Did Jack's lips feel warm?" She smirks at me.

"Gross no! God no you idiot!" I shove her off the couch. She laughs and simply hops back on.

"Just checking... I mean are you sure you don't want to tell me about your make it session in the bathroom?"

"I'm sorry did I miss something?" I ask. "Last time I checked I still haven't kissed anyone."

"Oh that's sad." Someone says into my ear.

I jump so far that I'm in the floor. Jack dramatically falls down beside me facing me. Gross.

"Get a life idiot." I smack his arm.

"Not without you in it." He gives me a sappy look.

Everybody in the room behind us die laughing including Jack. At least now we know for sure that neither of us like each other. Well that is a relief. The only thing is, I seriously doubt anyone else is going to believe us. Either of us.

For some reason I just want to talk to Danica. I want her over perky attitude and that toothy grin of hers. I just wish I could be like that. I mean these people have it worse than I do. Half of their world is dead. These people have a reason to hate life. A real reason. I don't. Well I sorta don't. A not as big reason anyways.

I finally got to see Danica... just not in the way I wanted to. Right now we both are in the kitchen cooking. For the first time since I met Danica she is getting really mad at me. I wasn't necessarily the easiest person to get along with but let me let you in on a little secret: Skylar+ cooking= burnt toast. Literally I burnt toast. Even after I stood right beside it the whole time.

"Why can't you get it, Sky? Cutting cucumbers isn't exactly rocket science!" She says frustratedly. If she wasn't so dark she would probably be bright red right now.

"Well it is for me. I burnt the toast, Danica. I burnt freakin toast!" I plop down unto the floor dramatically.

"Well just stay down there while I do this, okay?" She is asking if I get it but her tone sounds more like move-and-I-kill-you. So naturally I stay put.

"Gotcha, Sergeant Danica!" I salut from the floor. She glares at me for a second before cracking up.

Great now I have my laughing Danica back. After last night and the bet and all me and Jack agreed to just stay away from each other to prevent anyone else saying that we like each other. So yeah, I declined any work with him in the mornings. It's surprising how much work Hazel can find each morning. I decided to stick with Sadie and Danica. Harlem threatened to hurt Hazel if she was put in any work groups. So to keep all of her body parts uninjured Hazel let Harlem just sort out the movie films saying that she could take a break whenever she needed. Apparently that doesn't qualify as real work to Harlem so...

Danica snaps me from my thoughts, "Get up and act like you are helping. Hazel likes to check how the cooking is going all the time and- Hey Hazel!" She smiles and kicks my foot hard.

"Why are you in the floor, Sky?" I quickly think of an excuse. I see a drainer. Nah I won't pretend I needed something.

"I fell and it really hurt. I think I bruised something wanna see?" I start to pull my pants down.

"Oh no thats fine keep your pants on!" She jerks my hands away from the zipper. Nailed that! I'm good. "So how is it going in here?"

"Good the ah..." I look at what we made, spaghetti. Dang it the strainer would have made since. "The spaghetti is coming along great with Danica's fabulous cooking. I'm just having a hard time keeping up." I smile like this is the best thing in the world.

"Oh really I haven't noticed." Danica mumbles about my last comment.

"What was that Danica?"

"Oh nothing. I was just saying how much I love having Sky with my. She's the best." She gives Hazel a thumbs up before she leaves. Once Hazel is gone she shoves me back into the floor.

"Ow now I think my butt really is bruised!" I rub my butt. It really does hurt.

Ladies and gentlemen my new best friend. I roll my eyes as I watch her.