T H I R T E E N

Grey instantly plops down on his bed. We have been here for two seconds and he is acting more drained than I am. There is no way that he is as exhausted as I am. Luca grins wildly at me. I just roll my eyes at the two of them. Also Sadie told me that Jack just had to come with us so sure enough...

"Lets get going!" Jack shouts at us.

His gaze falls on Luca. If looks could kill Luca would be dead. Luca obviously could feel the life-threatening gaze because he put his hands up in surrender. However one thing that makes me like Luca more is what he says next.

"Dude I didn't know you two were dating! I'll make sure to back off a bit." I snort and start laughing. Jack's face is priceless. Luca continues. "Looks like things are one sided though."

"We are not dating. I just think you are bad for her."

"Always that excuse." Luca snorts at him. "Trust me, what I did wasn't that bad."

Sadie interrupts, "You have to kill someone to end up in there."

"I overheard my dad planning to kill my mom. So I stopped him. I didn't mean to kill him."

"So that justifies it all?" Jack demands.

In a way it sort of does though. He shouldn't have killed his father, but stopping him was the right thing. Jack wouldn't understand that in a million years. He is such an idiot sometimes.

"I did not mean to kill him, Jack. It's just that I got enraged and I couldn't stop."

"See he is a psychopath!" Jack yells at me. "He could kill you!"

"What do you mean, Luca?" I ask. This changes things a little.

"They kept pushing me one step further." He has a very blank look on his face. His eyes look so dark.

"What are you talking about, Luca?" I try again. "Who is 'they'?"

His eyes become clearer and settle on me. That is definitely not normal. His face scrunches up in confusion as he looks at all of us. It is like he just now noticed us all staring at him.

I like him.

No, you are not starting this again!

Just keep an open mind.

Doubtful.

"What are you guys staring at?" Luca finally asks. "Did I say something?"

Jack opens his mouth to say something but I cut him off, "No, you didn't say a thing. You farted."

"Oh... sorry guys." He looks very embarrassed.

"Actually you-"

"Jack, he farted don't press on that knife harder or I will put one through your face!" I grit my teeth. I will talk to Luca about it later.

We walk down the hall quietly. Adeline stayed here as well due to stupid cancer. The only parent she had dyed a year ago. Now she was here. Grey had decided to stay upstairs to get some sleep. Man I wish I could sleep!

Adeline spotted us from the couch. I smile as she jumps up and basically tackles me. I hug her back. We were never that close but she clearly missed me.

"Don't ever leave again!" She yells while slightly shaking my shoulders.

"No promises." I grin at her and she hugs me in return.

Suddenly she turns her attention on Sadie. Without hesitation she flings her arms around Sadie. Adeline had been five when the car flipped. To protect her young mind they never told her about Sadie dying. Grey and I never had the heart to break it to her. She only thought that Sadie got adopted.